Hay Trailer

Help Support CattleToday:

xxcre10xx

Reaction score
What kind of trailers are you guys using to haul your hay? I bale my hay 40 miles away from where I feed. As of now I haul on a flat bad but have been considering buying a designated trailer to solely haul hay. I have found websites with trailers that haul bales in a single row but having a 36 foot trailer to haul 7 bales is pretty long. Anyone know of a place that sells trailers that will haul them side by side instead of long ways? Do the long ways trailers really unload as easy as they claim?

Ive seen a few of the side by side ones with cradles so you dont have to strap them down. Is there a website where I can look at them? All I can find are the long ways trailers. I would like to be able to haul more than 7 bales. On my flat bed gooseneck I can haul 8 or I can stack and haul 14. I just dont feel comfortable doing it very far or fast because they dont ride real well without grooves or railing to fit into.

Mine unloads just fine it is eaaier if you are going a little down hill. my 36 will carry six. I have seen them were it is two rows left and right side.would hold 12 plus. IU do not know the manufacturer. I saw them at the Stillwater mill in Stillwater OK.

I recently bought a side by side, 6 bale trailer, used and not made any more. It works, but the bales go in sideways, so with 5 ft wide bales, it is at least 10' 6" wide. Not the easiest thing to get down a narrow road, let alone see what is behind you. Also, unloading is done a bale at a time, each bale has a rope to unlatch. Sometimes they are difficult to unload, but you learn as you go. The main advantage is the trailer is not as long as in line trailers, making it easier to get through drives. Used to load on a flat bed and push off, definately better than that. good luck
rick

Cousin has a bale cradle that bolts onto his 2 ton truck. He can normally haul about 9 bales at a time. Six side by side on the bottom and three on top. Husband made a homemade bale cradel for our 2 ton. I could haul about the same number. Great unloader, just turn on the lift and raise the bed and off the bales go. :D
Did it slow and they just slid off. Only a couple that were not tied tight broke apart. The rest were fine.
Something to think about if you have a 2 ton.

If your making an 80 mile round trip hauling hay I would think a long gooseneck trailer and stack as many as you can fit on there would be better than anything except a flatbed semi. The time it would take to tie down the load and unload with a front end loader would be minor compared to driving time.

Take some time and figure out an easy way to tie down the load (electric winch, ladder, etc.) and your tie down time will be minor.

I use a 30' gooseneck trailer. I haul 17 bales at a time. Of course I have to tie down and load and unload 1 bale at a time. :D

i was wondering about the trailers that unload themselves. someone was telling me there is a bale cradle trailer that holds two rows of bails long ways and they are made somewhere in oklahoma? ive only seen the single row. my biggest thing is that on my three tractors I only have one front end loader. I also have a bobcat with a spike but it really isnt very stable for unloading double stacked bails on uneven terrain. i dont know what would make more sense, a new loader or a new hay trailer.

xxcre10xx":bhhvvjvz said:
i was wondering about the trailers that unload themselves. someone was telling me there is a bale cradle trailer that holds two rows of bails long ways and they are made somewhere in oklahoma? ive only seen the single row. my biggest thing is that on my three tractors I only have one front end loader. I also have a bobcat with a spike but it really isnt very stable for unloading double stacked bails on uneven terrain. i dont know what would make more sense, a new loader or a new hay trailer.

You'll get a lot more use out of the second loader then you will the hay trailer.

The only piece of equipment handier than a front end loader is a second front end loader. Even the third one is nice when you have cattle to feed hay to at three different places.

We Haul with a 40' foot gooseneck it can hold 21 bales it is nice when you are hauling alot but it does take about 20 min to unload.
Sam

Everyone in these parts are using gooseneck / flatbed trailers. I don't think that I have ever seen a specialized hay trailer in my area.

roundbaletrailer$2320.jpg

These hay trailers,both single and double row are pretty common around here,they come in handy for feeding cattle at differnt locations/pastures because you can unload one bale at a time and move to another location or unload all at once.
good luck

I use an Ez Hauler 9 roll and a flatbed. I like the Ez cause its just that - easy, not to mention safe on the highway. Can move more rolls in a day due to increased efficiency. I like mine a lot - just watch the right hand turns. :oops:

http://www.haytrailer.com/

Now that's a nifty trailer accessory.........!! :lol:

But the price tag is too high for me........... :shock:

Guess I'm stuck to haulin' like this..............
MVC-003xS.JPG

Tx........to..........Tn. :shock:

Latest posts