Hay Tractor Poll

Help Support CattleToday:

What tractor brands are you using in hay?

• Allis Chalmers

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Agco

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Case/IH

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • J I Case

• Ford

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Farmall

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • IH

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • John Deere

Votes: 30 46.9%
  • Kubota

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Massey Ferguson

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Minneapolis Moline

• New Holland

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Oliver

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • White

• Other brands

Votes: 9 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nesikep said:
pricefarm said:
jltrent said:
Does the AC work good on the 3930? THose make a nice tractor for the mountain/valley land around here.

Yes it does very good. It was a VDOT tractor we bought it at the surplus action about 4 years ago. My dad painted it blue because it was orange. It's a pretty good tractor but could use alittle more power.

Must have been a heck of a job to paint it and not have orange showing all over the place!

There's still alittle orange that shows up every now and again lol

pricefarm said:
jltrent said:
pricefarm said:
6610 ford on disc mower
5525 JD cab four wheel drive on the other disc mower and hay roller
3930 new Holland cab rakes and teds
5303 JD is used to load and unload hay
Does the AC work good on the 3930? THose make a nice tractor for the mountain/valley land around here.

Yes it does very good. It was a VDOT tractor we bought it at the surplus action about 4 years ago. My dad painted it blue because it was orange. It's a pretty good tractor but could use alittle more power.

Nice looking tractor................

We are all green right now, but I think that might change.
New holland salesman has been by several times. I'll see just how bad they want our business this fall when it's time to trade in the 7230's.

Add Ford and NH and you come up with 16, #2 behind the beloved green. I have 3 and 2 Bransons and use all 5 when doing mine.....work alone and don't like changing implements especially balers and cutters.

John Deere 4430 and John Deere 557 baler. 44s are hands down the best haying tractor one could own. Cheap enough to be affordable, easy to work on, no bullshyt buttons to go bad (levers always work), enough operator comforts to be comfortable all day and a nice looking 44 is an eye catcher.

YoungAngusCattle said:
John Deere 4430 and John Deere 557 baler. 44s are hands down the best haying tractor one could own. Cheap enough to be affordable, easy to work on, no bullshyt buttons to go bad (levers always work), enough operator comforts to be comfortable all day and a nice looking 44 is an eye catcher.

And they sound good with a straight pipe, although the older I get the more I appreciate a muffler after 8 hours of mowing.

IH 966 on discbine
Kubota 4800 on tedder
Mahindra 4035 on rotary rake
Kubota M100X on baler
Kubota L39 to load bales
Kubota 4900 on wrapper

I really like the Kubotas for haying. Lite enough to get around easily buy plenty of power to run my small equipment.

millstreaminn said:
IH 966 on discbine
Kubota 4800 on tedder
Mahindra 4035 on rotary rake
Kubota M100X on baler
Kubota L39 to load bales
Kubota 4900 on wrapper

I really like the Kubotas for haying. Lite enough to get around easily buy plenty of power to run my small equipment.

I'm very pleased with Kubota tractors, wish I'd of bought one instead of my JD years ago. Everyone bad talked how light the Kubota tractor is, maybe that's why they don't break down?

JD 6430 on one moco
New Holland Tl90a on a moco
New Holland does all raking and most tedding
6430 does all rolling
I love a power shift in hay

littletom said:
JD 6430 on one moco
New Holland Tl90a on a moco
New Holland does all raking and most tedding
6430 does all rolling
I love a power shift in hay

You're talking my language now. My fondest memories as a kid were smacking my head off the back window every time grandpa would shift the 4430.

Ford 3910 on the Tar River 185 Drum mower
Branson 2400 on the ASC Morra Tedder
Ford 3000 on the IH 404 Crimper
Ford 2000 on the JD 660 rake
Branson 6530c on the JD 375 Baler and with baler removed, roll mover, front-rear spikes.