Hay Patch

Help Support CattleToday:

icandoit

Reaction score
Well, I've disked the pasture (23 acres) and now I'm ready to put some fer. and weed killer on. Won't do it until it gets ready to rain though. Might be waiting a long time the way it looks around here right now. No rain in sight for at least 10 days or however long the weather liars can see into the future. Fertilizer around here is going for $389.00 per ton for 18-10-10, I believe that was what was quoted. He also said it would probably go up in the next few weeks. Geez, why don't they just come and take my first born!!. going to do 400lbs per acre if I can get away with it. Soil test said so. Also just bought a new 16 inch rototiller that the wife just said, and was a little too willing, to let me buy. After thinking about why she was so willing to let me buy this so fast, I thought "She has something else on her mind". I guess I'll just wait for the hammer to come down. Thanks for listening to me whine for a bit.

Dick

icandoit":1oo7xl82 said:
Well, I've disked the pasture (23 acres) and now I'm ready to put some fer. and weed killer on. Won't do it until it gets ready to rain though. Might be waiting a long time the way it looks around here right now. No rain in sight for at least 10 days or however long the weather liars can see into the future. Fertilizer around here is going for $389.00 per ton for 18-10-10, I believe that was what was quoted. He also said it would probably go up in the next few weeks. Geez, why don't they just come and take my first born!!. going to do 400lbs per acre if I can get away with it. Soil test said so. Also just bought a new 16 inch rototiller that the wife just said, and was a little too willing, to let me buy. After thinking about why she was so willing to let me buy this so fast, I thought "She has something else on her mind". I guess I'll just wait for the hammer to come down. Thanks for listening to me whine for a bit.

Dick

Fertilizer is jumping because of the great ethanol that was going to save us. Corn needs lots of fertilizer and there are going to lots of new acres going into corn production. The only people benefiting from this is the corn lobby.

Latest posts