Hay patch

Help Support CattleToday:

tex452

Reaction score
I haven't ran over my hay meadows in a couple years, we been wanting to get it done this year, but it's been too wet
We finally got it cleaned off, fertilized with weed killer, we're running late but rain is in the forcast for the next 4-5 days.
I believe this helps.
Does anyone else use this type?
We will put chicken litter on the in about 2 weeks.

Attachments

• 09671676-891D-4919-8FC7-F4BB9BCCDE7E.png
    09671676-891D-4919-8FC7-F4BB9BCCDE7E.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 45
Yes.
It works very good
I would like to have coulters but my country is too rough and rocky for them. My tines are protected by shear pins. Some areas I am off the tractor replacing pins more than I am on it but then I get a good area and get a good go at it. The pins are just 12mm rod cut into 110mm lengths so not expensive.. I usually run them at about 350mm deep (14"). I mostly use my old Chamberlain tractor 70hp but very heavy and I go slow, it has a 6 cylinder Perkins and is very economical just ticking over. I have run it a full day and not used a full 20 litre jerry can (5 gal) in it.

Ken

A lot of people swear by it.
I think it helps, especially if you get a flash flood, then your fertilizer won't float off so easy , it can go in the grooves.
Especially if you plow on the Keyline principles you can almost make the water flow uphill, oh well slow it down considerably and will capture a lot of that water. You can notice a reduction in the water getting into your dams and ponds until the ground gets super saturated.

Ken

Latest posts