hay pallets

Help Support CattleToday:

tsmaxx47

Reaction score
got a hellava deal on some cull lumber - treated 4x4s. in 12 foot lengths. is there any problem using treated lumber for hay pallets?

tsmaxx47":kbsklp5h said:
got a hellava deal on some cull lumber - treated 4x4s. in 12 foot lengths. is there any problem using treated lumber for hay pallets?

ts any idea what it's treated with?

TB, I don't know what it's treated with. I think it is pretty much the industry standard stuff. the lumber is that sick looking pale green of ordinary treated lumber if that helps any......

As long as its not creosote I wouldn't be afraid of it. And probably not then if its old and dried like a telephone pole.

not creosote - that I am sure of. the lumber is brand new except for slight defects........

tsmaxx47":2j2wsg6h said:
TB, I don't know what it's treated with. I think it is pretty much the industry standard stuff. the lumber is that sick looking pale green of ordinary treated lumber if that helps any......
Probably ok....if you want to be on the super safe side might spread some poly on it before putting hay on it.

Is the lumber wolmanized? That's supposed to be an environmentally-friendly method of treating lumber.

Latest posts