Have you ever seen this gadget?

Help Support CattleToday:

HatCreekFan

Reaction score
haything001.jpg

The part that jabs into the hay bale is about 2 feet long. It pulls the ropes from the front and back in towards the middle. A lady came out this past weekend from Frankfort, KY and has bought some hay. She brought out this gadget and I was impressed. Anyone ever seen one of these?

so there is a name for it?

We had never seen anything like it. I wish I had had the camera ready before they jabbed it down into that top bale. It looked like some kind of torture device.

miles, you're right.

We put two ropes down either side of the load on her 25 ft. gooseneck. Then, the poker-jabber thingy goes in the middle bale on the load (middle from side to side and front to back). The ropes on each side threaded through some hooks, and you tighten it. The arm thingy out to the side holds it in place. The benefit seemed to be that the entire load was pulled toward the middle. She had a 3 1/2 hour trip back home and didn't want it going anywhere.

Yes, Mr. SusieDavid, you're right. You can kinda see how it is in the photo. The last turn was pretty hard to make. I was really suprised at the tension that the ropes had.

Looks to me like someone along the way has had to pick a few bales up off the side of the road a time or two. People come up with some pretty crazy stuff and this crazy looking thing looks like it works well.

Latest posts