Have you ever been up in your tree stand and...

Help Support CattleToday:

Fly-guy

Reaction score
I was out in one of my tree stands this morning and leaned back into something that wasn't there when I first crawled up earlier in the morning. I was about fifteen feet up and low and behold, I leaned back into a cat. It didn't use the ladder on it's way back down and yes, I think it landed on most of it's feet.

You are lucky it didn't morph into a weedeater running on meth. A scared / ticked off cat can be a dangerous thing 15 feet off the ground. I have found out a long time ago that a regular old barn cat is almost impossible to hold onto if he really wants down :lol2:

HOSS":24pgqj11 said:
You are lucky it didn't morph into a weedeater running on meth. A scared / ticked off cat can be a dangerous thing 15 feet off the ground. I have found out a long time ago that a regular old barn cat is almost impossible to hold onto if he really wants down :lol2:

Hoss you are 100% right. We have a kitten that apparently wasn't too happy when I made the mistake of picking it up. The next time I try to pick it up I'll be wearing insulated cat proof coveralls, my welding gloves and helmet.

I was about 20ft up in a climber once sitting with my back to the tree. It was very quiet evening and getting late when a flying squirrel jumped from another tree and landed on my tree right behind my right ear. I didn't see or hear him coming just all of a sudden there was a losand.tud whack against the tree. I liked tohae jumped out of that v

Never had a cat in my stand. But I did have a owl land on my head. And somehow my rifle hit the ground and I stayed on the tree.

Fly-guy":kqsgvuqq said:
I was out in one of my tree stands this morning and leaned back into something that wasn't there when I first crawled up earlier in the morning. I was about fifteen feet up and low and behold, I leaned back into a cat. It didn't use the ladder on it's way back down and yes, I think it landed on most of it's feet.

Good thing you didn't go back down without the ladder.

tripleBfarms":26q52lyt said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk8pRJ7jV94&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This is crazy

Actually it is very common - they are a curious creature

Seen it a dozen times and so have many others - especially over baits.

Here is another one from Buffalo Narrows - a nice part of the world with lots of bears and big deer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpmCuRCNF78

I laughed because I think I heard the swish of him swinging the bow at the bear when it took a swipe at him - just a little guy - could have kicked him off the tree with no problem - he was just doing what bears do naturally - having a look around.

Here is another from some television hunter type - funny as heck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uswRbzlhixQ

Best to all

Bez

highgrit":17dc5ddu said:
Never had a cat in my stand. But I did have a owl land on my head. And somehow my rifle hit the ground and I stayed on the tree.

I had an barred owl come in somehow right behind me never heard a sound until he went into that hollering hoot they do.
The only thing kept me in the tree was the safety harness.

I peaked into a box blind on morning and saw a ring tail cat ready to pounce ....I just slowly eased out. My brain kept telling me it's gonna hurt!

Ouachita":3ip31i75 said:
Flyguy, did you soil yer drawers?

I didn't fill my drawers but I sure screamed like a little girl ;-) :lol: In spite of all of the commotion I still shot a decent sized doe with my new cross bow. In my opinion, it closely resembles rifle hunting but you gotta do what you gotta do if you still want to hunt with those funny looking little sticks. I had a heck of a time giving up my Mathews compound but just couldn't pull it after three shoulder surgeries. :(

had a coon sitting in my stand one morning. he went up the tree and tried several times to come down while I was sitting there but couldn't figure out how to get past me and he finally jumped off the pine and ran like a scalded dog.

M5farm":cdfxk9sg said:
had a coon sitting in my stand one morning. he went up the tree and tried several times to come down while I was sitting there but couldn't figure out how to get past me and he finally jumped off the pine and ran like a scalded dog.
I had a squirrel do that in a hickory tree. Darn thing sat above me and pelted me with nuts till I finally left.

Latest posts