Have tractor prices gone that high?

Help Support CattleToday:

Richardin52

Reaction score
I was at the farm show in Augusta, Maine last week and saw a Massey tractor 2wd no cab 61 hp no bucket loader. I can't remember the model number but it was a full size rugged looking machine.
They were asking $34,000.00 for it. I bought the exact same size tractor and package only a New Holland in 2005 for $18,000.00.

Have tractors taken a big jump or was the dealer just pricing high?

No there not that high, a 61hp 2wd tractor with no loader is not that high. You can buy a 75hp John Deere 4x4 with a loader for around that.

Yea, I agree I just bought a 75 hp New Holland T4.75 FWA Cab tractor w/ loader for around $ 43,500.00. I'm thinking maybe it a clucthless hydro type. They are quite a bit higher. B&G

They usually display the MSRP. It seems like when you start negotiating, dealers will be 5-10k below that without much effort. I don't understand why that is.

i bought a 7040SU 4x4 rops fel 2 sets of remotes for $34,000.the tractor listed for $41,000.an i got $7000 off.but yes tractors have gone up.i checked on the new l60s just like mine an it went up to $48,000.but on the other hand 2wd drive fel tractors have no resale value as people want 4x4 tractors.2wd drive tractors are only used in the hay field.

bigbull338":m3v4ykvi said:
i bought a 7040SU 4x4 rops fel 2 sets of remotes for $34,000.the tractor listed for $41,000.an i got $7000 off.but yes tractors have gone up.i checked on the new l60s just like mine an it went up to $48,000.but on the other hand 2wd drive fel tractors have no resale value as people want 4x4 tractors.2wd drive tractors are only used in the hay field.

:nod: I agree

You can thank EPA for much of the price increase on new tractors. My 2013 Kubota has a DPF system. So far, so good. Has cycled 2 or 3 times in 120 hours of baling, bush hogging, and moving hay.

No DEF to fool with I see as a plus. Downside is the potential fire hazard when the DPF cycles. It does have the option of shutting it off to postpone the burn.

i know this i doubt if ill buy another new tractor.ill most likely buy a good clean used tractor.now im not saying i wont buy a teir 4 tractor.i want to wait an see how they hold up.maybe looking for another cab tractor later this year year.but who knows.if i do itll be a hydro shuttle.

Newest tractor I think we have is our JD 8410 2001 and I hope not to have to buy another new tractor for atleast 15 more years if can help it.

my brother has been driving me crazy the last few days wanting bottom $ prices on balers.so now he wants me to get a price on a jd 6105 D 4x4 cab tractor.so ill be calling the dealer in the morning an getting his best deal on said tractor.im like your getting it with the power reverser.

highgrit":9hhlt187 said:
Bigbull, 60k with a loader.
im going to call an get a price on 1 this morning.so that 60k gives me something to work with.so im looking at somewhere around 52k without the loader.an in the 45k range when all is said an done.dont really need the tractor brother is just wanting to spend some money lolol.

bigbull338":29zynly2 said:
highgrit":29zynly2 said:
im going to call an get a price on 1 this morning.so that 60k gives me something to work with.so im looking at somewhere around 52k without the loader.an in the 45k range when all is said an done.dont really need the tractor brother is just wanting to spend some money lolol.
He can adopt me!

bigbull338":150v288m said:
highgrit":150v288m said:
Sounds like you need to keep the brother at home and out of town.

bigbull338":3gbn52cq said:
my brother has been driving me crazy the last few days wanting bottom $ prices on balers.so now he wants me to get a price on a jd 6105 D 4x4 cab tractor.so ill be calling the dealer in the morning an getting his best deal on said tractor.im like your getting it with the power reverser.

JD website shows a list price of $62,966 plus loader.

When I bought my 5093E a few years ago, I got about 7% off the list price...

Latest posts