Have been away on one of THOSE trips . . . . :(

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
Mom passed away unexpectedly just over a week ago. She was close to death -- so close -- in October, but she rallied and was getting ready for additional back surgery later this month to ease some long-suffering pain issues. At a regular visit to her GP, with dad and one of my sisters there, she had "The Big One" (as Fred Sanford would have said), hit the floor, and was gone within 10 minutes. If she could not die in her sleep, that is the way she would have wanted to go. Slam, bang, hit the floor, and be done.

We had a lovely memorial service for her on Saturday, and we think about 200 attended. After the folks' retirement, they devoted no-way-to-count-them hours for St. Vincent de Paul, Blind Vets Services, Idaho Assoc. for the Blind, etc., etc. (Dad is blind). We are all good! Some things will just take some time to sort out, but there are good support people for Pa in Boise; two sisters not too far away, and many long time friends, good neighbors and those they've helped before that will help Pa now, if and as he needs it. We will now find out just how independent he can be! He sure lets us know if he thinks we are not letting him make his own decisions.

I keep in touch otherwise with some of the CTB people, but I don't know if anyone had said anything on the Board (and the Board was preetty goofed up recently), so I'm just checking in personally. I'll head home tomorrow, with a stop at sister's ranch in OR along the way. BUT WE ARE ALL GOOD!!

Kathie I was sorry to hear of your loss. I read about it on FB and thought about bringing it here but didn't figure it was my place to do that. You were in my prayers then and still are. Have a safe trip home.

Dave":1utxql8c said:
Kathie I was sorry to hear of your loss. I read about it on FB and thought about bringing it here but didn't figure it was my place to do that. You were in my prayers then and still are. Have a safe trip home.
Same here. Take care on your trip home.

So sorry to hear of your loss. That was almost exactly the way my mom went. Was getting up to go get ready for bed and bang...that was it. She always feared the slightest chance of having to go to a nursing home. God Bless you and your family.

Oh Kathie...I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. My thoughts and prayers go to you and your ffamily, especially your Dad.

I wondered where you were.

Katherine

TexasBred":23mn6eep said:
So sorry to hear of your loss. That was almost exactly the way my mom went. Was getting up to go get ready for bed and bang...that was it. She always feared the slightest chance of having to go to a nursing home. God Bless you and your family.
:) Yup, TexasBred, we were thankful for that. That FAST was what she would have wanted. Glad you had that, too.

Kathie, prayers for you ,your family, and your dad. Watch your dad, loneliness can cause severe depression. Friends have good intentions but everyone seems to have a full schedule.

Kathie,
Sincere condolences to you and your family. Sounds like you had some great friends and family around there to help with everything. Your Dad will have a tough time with it all, AFTER the dust settles (so to speak)
Have a safe trip home. Look forward to seeing you back on here soon.

Latest posts