Have been away on one of THOSE trips . . . . :(

Help Support CattleToday:

I'M HOME. Tired, a little worn/torn, but it's good to be back. Dad is doing pretty darn good, considering. When Mom was so bad in October, and during her recoup after, the plan on the table was to sell their home and go into assisted living. Instead, they slowed down a little, spent some time at my sis's ranch in OR, and were actually just in Boise for a routine visit with the GP pre-back surgery when Mom succumbed (sp?). Dad is back in the house -- it would have been a real turd throw if they HAD put the house on the market, had it sold, and then this happening, as Dad did not want to give up that independence. However, we (and her doc) think the heart attack came about as a result of him telling her she was NOT a candidate for the back surgery she was scheduled to have had on the 17th (which she should have had 3 years ago, when they were fixing another spot on her spine), and the GP had veto power over that -- and we think she was just crushed by that, as she'd been living with severe back pain for years. Anyway, no more pain, no more worries, and no more immediate anxiety. The usual post-death things need to be taken care of and tracking down the paperwork to do it. That is the current turd-throw. Remember people, accidents and things like this happen without notice, so do your paperwork and keep good files -- and let someone know where they are! Thank you everyone, for your condolences and support. I have passed those along to Pa. You are "my people." :heart: