Hauling Manure

Help Support CattleToday:

Silver

Reaction score
It's been accumulating where we winter our replacements. For about 40 years. 117 loads later (15 tons per load) it's all back out where it belongs.
I loaded the truck with my excavator, and the cost of hiring the truck worked out to $3.00 per ton. I think that's okay, especially if you amortize the cost over 40 years lol
5790B6E0-CE18-43B3-84FB-48105B4BBFE6.jpeg

F6A24330-D4BA-4649-8DAF-CED2D14C8A3D.jpeg74F177D4-65E2-49CF-BC0A-E2BE02A5F217.jpeg87846F23-5ED7-444A-8BEC-779043C84A10.jpeg

Some years back the Dad of a friend who owned a dairy decided that he needed to spread a pile of pig manure which grandpa had been collecting for years. About a week before a planned big fourth of July party he spread pig manure on the field up wind from the house. The wife wasn't real happy.

Some years back the Dad of a friend who owned a dairy decided that he needed to spread a pile of pig manure which grandpa had been collecting for years. About a week before a planned big fourth of July party he spread pig manure on the field up wind from the house. The wife wasn't real happy.
My daughter got married last October. She wanted the ceremony to be here on the place. I had forgotten about the broiler litter deal I had made earlier that spring.
They delivered and spread while we were at work, about two weeks before the wedding. The bride wore her muck boots and encouraged others to do the same.
You get used to the smell.

We had a neighbor to a field we made hay off, come and say they had a big family get together coming up on such and such a date. Asked if we would be spreading any "fertilizer there" after the hay was cut. We told them that we would make sure to wait until after their family get together because they had come and asked nicely and were considerate of us also. They would come out with water and such if they saw us out there making hay and were nice people... so we were happy to work with them. Doesn't hurt to try to get along if possible... then there is the "witch" that lives next to another place... made their 4th of july very memorable ....;)
:sneaky::sneaky:

Latest posts