has it started? insurance

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
Employer wants me to sign a release for insurance. Meaning I decline insurance. I have insurance but he wants me to give him my whole familys S.S. # and my insurance policy # and cost. I really dont think that is his or his insurance bussiness.

Is big brother watching?

Yep, sounds like it's starting...

For those of us who are provided health insurance by our employer - it will get to appear as income to pay taxes on in 2011.

I suppose there is a penalty for employers who do not provide coverage so they probably need to cover their bases with release forms.

HOWEVER, I would advise you to ONLY give them the insurance carrier and insurance contact information. Please keep your SSN# off of those forms -- too many people see them and could collect your information and wreak havoc to your identity.

The employer is doing the old CYA by documenting that they offered health insurance to you but you already have coverage and declined it. I wouldn't give them the SSN's.

We went thru a similar deal with our insurance company when our son took out his own car insurance policy and we dropped him from our policy. They wanted to know his new carrier and policy number, to prove he really had insurance since he was a licensed driver and still lived at our address.

MO_cows":28zsvoto said:
The employer is doing the old CYA by documenting that they offered health insurance to you but you already have coverage and declined it. I wouldn't give them the SSN's.

We went thru a similar deal with our insurance company when our son took out his own car insurance policy and we dropped him from our policy. They wanted to know his new carrier and policy number, to prove he really had insurance since he was a licensed driver and still lived at our address.
Doesn't matter, employer already has it....

1982vett":393unnlb said:
MO_cows":393unnlb said:

Doesn't matter, employer already has it....[/quote]

I know they have my number but they dont have my family's numbers. I really dont think it is anyones business.

I can give them the phone number to my insurance agent and tell him what is going on. He shouldnt give them any numbers just a yes or no?

JHH":1o1rk7nf said:
Jogeephus":1o1rk7nf said:
If they keep bugging you for the number you are welcome to use mine. Its 7.

You just trying to prove how old you are or what? :lol:

:lol2: :lol2: That's also my credit card number so don't give it out.

Based on the recent letter I got from my accountant it seems I'll be asking a lot of people for their social security numbers this year. It seems that anyone I pay more than $600 I will have to 1099 them whether they are a business, corporation or individual. Also, any contract labor that I may use will have to be given health insurance if I employ them for more than 30 days. I sure hate having to hire more contractors every 28 days but I guess this is what they mean by change.

I got a friend who works at Waste management, they are starting to ask their employees for their dependents birth certificates, to prove that who they have on their plans are the actual people-kind of weird i think

Latest posts