Hanover trailers

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7":gtam7tc2 said:
Bigfoot":gtam7tc2 said:
Cattle are higher, and equipment a cheaper. No wonder you boys are doing so good.

New there 10650.00 and that should be anywhere in the US other than transportation cost

If that 6'8 wide with a top, that's a good price to. The way things are going up, that new one may hold its value for a good long while.

Bigfoot":1p82zmp1 said:
cross_7":1p82zmp1 said:
Bigfoot":1p82zmp1 said:
Cattle are higher, and equipment a cheaper. No wonder you boys are doing so good.

New there 10650.00 and that should be anywhere in the US other than transportation cost

If that 6'8 wide with a top, that's a good price to. The way things are going up, that new one may hold its value for a good long while.

If I can get one at cost from a dealer and repay him with a similar deal then I'd buy new

Here I can buy a new coose 32ft with 3 cut gates, 3 7k torshion axles, 6.8 wide with the rubber floor for 10500$. If I were you I would look at a new coose 24ft before you bought a new gooseneck, I like the coose better myself.

I think you can do better. I have one built just like it and 6' wide. The jack will bend the front sheet if you are not very careful. The extra 8 " will make a lot of difference in capacity.

cross_7":1trakjj6 said:
He's asking 3800.00 and won't budge on the price.

I would say he really wants to keep it asking that amount for it and not wanting to budge.

I've seen rotted out ones, bad floors, bald tires, broken lights bring $2,000.00 at sales all the time. $3800, I'd buy it, prefer a metal top, but would work with it. But I'll stay with my rusted trailer.

cross_7":2b5tfyct said:
I want torsion axles so flats are easier to change and I want a swing gate instead of butterfly, but for the right price I could live with it

I know it's hard to tell from a picture but what do you think it's worth ?

I don't have any experience with them but you see a lot of them around. So it's a '91 model. Looks like the old fellow took really good care of it so the effective age would be much younger. I've seen some almost new ones that looked like they were 20 years old too. Hoep you can work a deal on it.

Cross I wouldn't bat an eye at that price.
Junk here sells for 3000. As far as butterfly gates I prefer them.
I haul for several people they work at all the different setups I see.

cross_7":3keoq3wm said:
http://enid.craigslist.org/grd/4300078571.html
I think your looking for something right in between these two trailers..
A little newer than the Hanover w good tires /torsion bars and a new top or that Gooseneck for @7000$ :) that way you can spend more on the contents .

Limomike":ecdw1cnr said:
Yep. IF your buying it.. what condition is the floor, wheel bearings, and price.Tell em to knock off about $350 because it does not have a cover on it.. and that its a left handed trailer... :lol2:

I wouldn't give you fifty cents for a covered trailer other than sell it.

Caustic Burno":2c0jn6z6 said:
Limomike":2c0jn6z6 said:
Yep. IF your buying it.. what condition is the floor, wheel bearings, and price.Tell em to knock off about $350 because it does not have a cover on it.. and that its a left handed trailer... :lol2:

I wouldn't give you fifty cents for a covered trailer other than sell it.

I wouldn't have one that wasn't covered. Done been in a hail storm with a load of show pigs with no where to go. Man did I feel bad.

You load out some of the girls I haul and you would change your mind.
They are crazy to start with and go completely nuts in a covered trailer.
Brimmer girls are terrible about sulling and laying down
Had them trample each other. Without the cover they will ride high headed all the way to the barn.
Pulled the cover off mine a long time ago .

Caustic Burno":9hulul0l said:
Had them trample each other. Without the cover they will ride high headed all the way to the barn.

Don't want those high headed ones. Mine are really quiet and I love 'em.

slick4591":3oashf8h said:
Caustic Burno":3oashf8h said:

Don't want those high headed ones. Mine are really quiet and I love 'em.

Mine are as well.
I can't say the same thing for some of the others I haul.
I haul cattle for other people to the barn you would be amazed at some of the rodeo's.

I always wondered why none jumped out with no roof. Had a Limi/Maine/Shorthorn cross heifer that jumped completely over me and only knicked the top of my hat and I stand 5'9" tall. I don't think she would have stayed in a roofless trailer.

Farmerjon":qhahjqre said:
I always wondered why none jumped out with no roof. Had a Limi/Maine/Shorthorn cross heifer that jumped completely over me and only knicked the top of my hat and I stand 5'9" tall. I don't think she would have stayed in a roofless trailer.

We are not talking about trailers without a roof there are bars across the top they are not getting out.
We are talking roof covers .

Farmerjon":2bmjqdfi said:
I might be wrong, but I believe he is talking about a bar top with out a tarp on it.

We had a Hanover when I was growing up. Tough, tough old trailer, but that thing was a sled. It pulled so hard I always thought there had to be something wrong with the axles or springs, but it always wore tires evenly. That's just one, and it was 30 years ago, though...

It's really interesting to see people talk about the prices of used trailers. Friend of mine just bought a '97 model 6x24 Gooseneck, cleated rubber floor, good tarp, good tires, good paint, good lights and brakes. Says he bought it from an older couple that bought it new, always kept it in a barn, used it very little and washed it out after every use. I haven't seen it, but he swears it looks like new. He bought it to trade on - I don't know what he gave for it, but he's asking $7500 (knowing him, he might come off $500, prob'ly no more). I think he's nuts on this one, but he's a pretty savvy trader, so who knows?

Latest posts