Self Unloading Hay Trailers

Help Support CattleToday:

Devin

Reaction score
Do any of you own or have any experience with the self unloading hay trailers. I'm referring to the kind that you load from the rear and keep pushing the bales forward then whe you get to your destination you pull a pin and you can dump the bales by hand. I am considering looking into one, but would like to hear from someone who has used one.
Thanks,
Devin

I have a 9 roll trailer made by EZ Hauler. I like it and it is safe and eliminates the need of another tractor to unload at your final destination. Since this type equipment is great when you need it but is not used that often, it is the perfect piece of equipment to partner on with a neighbor.

Had a friedn of mine haul hay out of one of the hay fields for me on a flat bed. I don;t know how he managed but he selfunloaded the whole load about half way to the storage area.

dun":3uhwsw0k said:
Had a friedn of mine haul hay out of one of the hay fields for me on a flat bed. I don;t know how he managed but he selfunloaded the whole load about half way to the storage area.

That's why I bought the trailer. A couple of years ago the leaning tower of pisa(sp) didn't have diddly on me one afternoon. If you don't believe me, ask the trooper that fell in behind me to watch the avalanche. Thankfully I got it off the state highway before the crash. It wasn't funny at the time - but it is now. :lol:

Devin":3sg9l6eh said:
Do any of you own or have any experience with the self unloading hay trailers. I'm referring to the kind that you load from the rear and keep pushing the bales forward then whe you get to your destination you pull a pin and you can dump the bales by hand. I am considering looking into one, but would like to hear from someone who has used one.
Thanks,
Devin
Borrowed one last year;very handy and saved time and labor. Usually I push four bales on my trailer drag them of with a chain at home then go back get another load. That way my tracter can stay at the hay field. Like joseephus said, thats all it can be used for and it would be better to go half with someone unless you haul alot of hay

We set our hay spear in back of our tractor with a ball on top use the tractor to pull trailor with a bail in front on loader need one tractor to stack and load. This has cut down hauling time and labor. With the small operation I have the expense of the trailor is worth while.

We use this trailer. It's self loading and unloading. When you get use too, it's very fast and you need only one operator and one tractor. On larger operation, it's pay s for itself.

There is a video if you want see how this machine load and download the bales.

http://www.pronovost.qc.ca/auta.html

2007_0701Foin0029.JPG

2007_0701Foin0030.JPG

2007_0701Foin0031.JPG

2007_0701Foin0032.JPG

I like the looks of that rig. What's the brand name and how does it load? BTW our grass isn't as green as your hay. I saw some timothy in Denver at the NWSS in small squares that was so green it hurt your eyes to look at it. :lol:

ollie?":12j0edx8 said:
I like the looks of that rig. What's the brand name and how does it load? BTW our grass isn't as green as your hay. I saw some timothy in Denver at the NWSS in small squares that was so green it hurt your eyes to look at it. :lol:
I know 2 compagny that make those trailers.
There is Pronovvost , and Anderson.

http://www.anderson-machineries.com/Eng ... 00_ang.htm

I edit my post reply and I gave you an adress for a video of The Pronovost trailer.
Mine is a Pronovost but my next one will be an Anderson.

Latest posts