GV BUll Critique

Help Support CattleToday:

hillbillycwo":aego0ow0 said:
3way,
I would love the help. I have a number from Tom to call a guy over towards Owensboro but have been to busy to get a call to the fella. I am more prone to the GV over the Simmie because of the versatility. Breed him to registered GV and get a registration eligible calf breed to registered angus and you can raise balancers for sale registered correct? Not to mention the fact that the breed can really add some good stuff to my commercial cows. I know that other breeds can add to them as well and that you can get black in those breeds as well. But from talking to the cattle buyers where I sell the GV influence on my market calves will pay for the bull in the premiums that the calves will bring. Well at least that is what I am shooting for.

I must agree that bull is a sorry example of the breed. But as sorry as he is I still was impressed with the mass in his rump. But there are many more things I look at in a bull. SC was rather poor for this guy too. He should have been cut or banded.

But if you know a breeder to recommend please provide his contact information. My searches have been terrible.

But for the record I do like simmies they just don't fit into my business plan at this time.

Call him, he is a very good guy and will be honest with you. He has some nice cattle.

I am. Been going through the mill with doctors. Getting a knee fixed I tore up years ago on the ship and getting my back ready for two weeks in Kentucky with the wife. I am going to try to get with him while I am home if I can work it out. I have another call or two to make on this issue. It just surprises me that there aren't that many breeders in our area.

hillbillycwo":2tqb727x said:
I am. Been going through the mill with doctors. Getting a knee fixed I tore up years ago on the ship and getting my back ready for two weeks in Kentucky with the wife. I am going to try to get with him while I am home if I can work it out. I have another call or two to make on this issue. It just surprises me that there aren't that many breeders in our area.
good luck :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":1ocf1jwm said:
hillbillycwo":1ocf1jwm said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ALACOWMAN":e0bjyfs5 said:
hillbillycwo":e0bjyfs5 said:
:lol: :lol: :clap:

hillbillycwo,

The 1st Saturday in March Thomas Mears of Circle M Farms in McMinnville, TN. has his annual bull and female sale. I think he has 50 bulls selling this year. They are all very high quality Gelbvieh and Balancer bulls. I have bought 3 bulls from him. He does allot of embryo and A.I. work and his herd is made up of some of the best Gelbvieh genetics in the nation. He also stands behind his bulls and his help doesn't stop after the sale. I just purchased an Atlas 101N son from him private treaty. Atlas 101N used to be owned by him but he finally sold him to a guy up your way in Kentucky but he retains semen rights. Every year allot of guys come down from KY, GA,VA and the Carolina's to his sale It is probably about 3 hours drive for you. I will be there looking over the heifers. I think this year he has the best selection of yearling bulls that he has ever produced. I will be happy to give you his number if you want him to send you a catalog.

Latest posts