guns

Help Support CattleToday:

MillIronQH":3fonbg5q said:
If guns kill people then I can blame all my spelling mistakes on my pencil.Z

Doggone good! :lol: :lol: :lol: Can I quote you on that?

Alice":x80kpqar said:
msscamp":x80kpqar said:
Alice":x80kpqar said:
Carlos D.":x80kpqar said:
makes sense-If we want to own a handgun in canada theres a lot of hoops to go through - mostly collectors or those affiliated with a gun glub can have one --criminal check and all to go through--But lately a lot of our murders in cities are committed with illegall hand guns brought up from the usa

carl

Do you mean illegally purchased handguns?
Alice

I might be wrong here, but I am under the impression that some firearms are illegal to purchase, due to their not meeting certain requirements and due to safety issues. I believe that the 'Saturday Night Special' fits into both categories, but I could be wrong on that. I also believe that it is illegal to purchase assault rifles/weapons in the United States because of what they were designed for and because the average person would not have any need for that use.

I probably confused the issue with the way I wrote this. By illegally purchased I meant guns that are stolen or guns that are stolen and then sold to commit crimes with...or guns that are smuggled into the country to use by gangs or guns brought in by drug cartels to protect their "business."

Alice

No, Alice, you're fine. I understood what you were saying, I made the basic mistake of not having my facts straight before I posted. It had nothing to do with your post. :)

backhoeboogie":5pb9hk76 said:
MillIronQH":5pb9hk76 said:

I think that Larry the Cable Guy made that quote up, so I think you're allowed to quote it all you want to

Wewild":2sn45vg2 said:
msscamp":2sn45vg2 said:
Wewild":2sn45vg2 said:
Down here in redneck ville a city made created a law that said you had to own 1. Seemed to work.

See link

http://www.mcsm.org/kennesaw.html

Oh ..... it is a suburb of Atlanta.

I used to live in Kennesaw, I was happy to learn that I was in full compliance with the law! :lol: :lol:

I think it's best to let it be know than questioned.

We were neighbors once it seems.

That was tongue-in-cheek on my part. I sure wish I had known you then - I would very much like to meet you!

NamVet_Farmer44":xqy1mfaa said:
backhoeboogie":xqy1mfaa said:
MillIronQH":xqy1mfaa said:

I think that Larry the Cable Guy made that quote up, so I think you're allowed to quote it all you want to

That joke is older then larry the cable guy.

dun

aplus...when I mentioned immigrants I never said Muslims, I don't mean them alone. It is not hard to get kitted out with weapons if you really want to and need to.

If a Civil War did break out it would not be armed with guns to start off with, more the case of clubs and fist fights, started at riots on the streets through demonstrations, which have been started a few times and not come to to much, I and many others think this will get out of hand one day and start up something big. The National Front Political Party. will gather and take over one day, then I don't know what will happen as they are like Mosleys Black shirts of war time England. Don't know if it will be a good or bad thing. But I still don't like guns on the streets. (yet another but) that is probably because of the way I was bought up, a place without Guns. and when I was small very little immigrants around, this is the World we live in now, people pass from Country to Country. nothing wrong in that, just as the old saying goes 'When in Rome do as the Romans do' learn the language, customs and abide by the laws of the land. Then perhaps we can all live side by side. Peacefully.

chrisy":2269okff said:
But I still don't like guns on the streets. (yet another but) that is probably because of the way I was bought up, a place without Guns. .

Well until you can figure out a 100% solution as to how to keep guns out of the bad guys hands, How to keep the from mugging you with knives. Then a person needs the ability for the good guys to protect themselves, and in the end the bad guys will use them illegal guns and knives less often.

If you find a solution to get rid of all the bad guys then I am with you no guns on the streets. We can all just use them to shoot dirt clogs like dun or squirrels like Caustic.

You mention how your whole family has been mugged. I have never even heard of a person I know being mugged. I know it happens in the big cities a bunch like NYC and LA but these are also American cities with strong anti gun laws.

I wonder how many people by comparison are mugged in Texas towns, I would be interested in seeing some statistics on this if they are out there.

chrisy":2ywfidv5 said:
....I still don't like guns......probably because of the way I was bought up, a place without Guns.........

Chrisy, I guess you would have heartburn over the fact that my oldest soon, who, at age 9, purchased his 1st Ruger 22cal rifle. He had shot my guns for a few years before that. He saved his grass cutting money all summer to buy the rifle. Now at the age of 22, he is one of the finest young men you would ever want to be around. He is still buying guns and pistols. I would rather see him buy the guns than out spending his money on some of the things that I see other 22 year old guys doing.

I guess it just comes down to how a kid is raised. I choose to teach my son the value of a gun while also teaching him that a gun can destroy a life in a split moment. A gun is just like any other tool, there is a proper way to use it in a given situtation.

Nowland Farms":3hhcca4z said:
chrisy":3hhcca4z said:
....I still don't like guns......probably because of the way I was bought up, a place without Guns.........

Chrisy, I guess you would have heartburn over the fact that my oldest soon, who, at age 9, purchased his 1st Ruger 22cal rifle. He had shot my guns for a few years before that. He saved his grass cutting money all summer to buy the rifle. Now at the age of 22, he is one of the finest young men you would ever want to be around. He is still buying guns and pistols. I would rather see him buy the guns than out spending his money on some of the things that I see other 22 year old guys doing.

I guess it just comes down to how a kid is raised. I choose to teach my son the value of a gun while also teaching him that a gun can destroy a life in a split moment. A gun is just like any other tool, there is a proper way to use it in a given situtation.

Them anti gun people would really have a fit if they knew how young we got these kids shooting huh :lol: My son that just turned 9 a couple weeks ago has owned a 22 pistol and 22 rifle for 2 years now.

When we go out in field checking cows he straps his Single action 22 revolver on loaded and ready to go. We always stop and let him unload it to get in a little target practice. Then the trigger lock goes back on and he hangs it in his room on his gun rack.

Them anti gun liberals would have a field day watching our youth with their guns.

Im sure they would put some sort of twist on it, like saying he was un supervised or something.

One thing I should add to the story is he gets it with the understanding it is there in case a coyote or snake needs shot. It is not as a toy. We just usually shoot some targets before we bring it in the house when we are done.

Nowland Farms":wcwifn04 said:
I guess it just comes down to how a kid is raised.

Tain;t necessarily so. I was raised in an antigun, antihunting family.
There has to be more to it hten strictly upbrining.

dun

dun":usdkt4w0 said:
Nowland Farms":usdkt4w0 said:
I guess it just comes down to how a kid is raised.

Tain;t necessarily so. I was raised in an antigun, antihunting family.
There has to be more to it hten strictly upbrining.

dun

Maybe so...thinking about my grandson now. Shot 3 dove while he was here last weekend...dove are scarce, even tho it's dove season. His mother is anti hunting "herself," yet realizes that boys from the small town he is from are brought up hunting, so she tries not to influence him one way or the other.

His daddy, altho from the metroplex, is a hunter. I don't know for certain, but I don't think my son-in-law's stepfather or grandfather took him hunting. Anyway, my son-in-law introduced my grandson to hunting...taught him gun safety, hunting enthics and protocol...gave him the opportunity to decide for himself. Altho my grandson enjoyed hunting the dove, I really think he can just take it or leave it. Five years ago my grandson, at the age of 7, got a deer. He was tickled to death about it, yet, deer seasons have come and gone and he goes hunting with his daddy maybe one or 2 times each season...it's not like it's an obession with him. Who knows...characters are so different.

Alice

I am not opposed to guns, just on the streets. I used to go target practice and clay pigeon shooting, at the firing range, my Husband used to have a gun permit, and belong to a Gun club. he no longer has firearms at home the law is to strick, we have a series of pelet guns and they are used to shot cans in the garden, for fun if there are no cats around. My Husband would go mad if a live creature was shot as would I. Our Son is a good aim, when we were in the States a few months back they both went shooting at a cousins farm, target only. and had a good time. as I say I don't like them on the streets and for shooting animals, of any kind Human or wild.

chrisy":2lb7jqo4 said:
I am not opposed to guns, just on the streets. I used to go target practice and clay pigeon shooting, at the firing range, my Husband used to have a gun permit, and belong to a Gun club. he no longer has firearms at home the law is to strick, we have a series of pelet guns and they are used to shot cans in the garden, for fun if there are no cats around. My Husband would go mad if a live creature was shot as would I. Our Son is a good aim, when we were in the States a few months back they both went shooting at a cousins farm, target only. and had a good time. as I say I don't like them on the streets and for shooting animals, of any kind Human or wild.

So you are a Vegetarian then? You know lots of animals that you eat are slaughtered with guns. Did not realize you were anti hunting also.

Latest posts