guns

Help Support CattleToday:

Alice":2ry1onww said:
backhoeboogie":2ry1onww said:
Alice":2ry1onww said:
I just don't see how guns in and of themselves can be effective against an entire trained military with all of the weapons of war at it's disposal. Alice

Don't think for a minute that the terrorists don't realize that we are all armed. If not, we'd be bigger victims than we already have been. Criminals realize it too. In the back of their back of their minds they are not only thinking that they may get 5 years for burglary, they may also get shot. Of course, on the second hand, punks on drugs don't think much at all.

Being out gunned has nothing to do with it. When death is inevitable, you'll sacrafice your life to save your loved ones. We saw just that on an airplane. Unarmed citizens went up against those who took the plane. I'd love to have been able to put just a little old 22 pistol in one of those pockets.

Without armed citizens, it will be a whole new ball game. Our mindsets and thinking will take a whole new route. So will the mindset of criminals and terrorists.

I understand that...

Hitler talked and connived and murdered his way into power...he didn't use a big show of force...and once he gained control, it was all over but the shoutin' for the german people. My question was how the people of WWII Germany could have turned the tide had they been armed once Hitler took control of the military and the machines of war?
I think the German people were unarmed. Not much they could do at the time. The colonists defeated the stongest army in the world at the time. They instilled a sense of freedom in this country that is still with us today (though its losing strenght). The fight for freedom can defeat any army. The constituional amendment gives us the tools to maintain that Freedom. When we lose those tools we will lose our Freedom. Guaranteed.

Josheph Goebbels was the Chief of Properganda, his title was 'Hitlers Minister of Properganda'... he helped William Joyce alias Lord Haw Haw with his radio programmes, on properganda. here is an extract taken from Wikipedia.

GOEBBELS, JOSEPH (1897-1945) Germany's chief propagandist and cultural "czar". Joined the NSDAP in 1924. Initially was one of Hitler's opponents, but became an ardent admirer after 1926. Goebbels became party provincial chief of Berlin-Brandenburg in 1926, Reich propaganda director of the NSDAP in 1929 and Reich propaganda minister in 1933. Goebbels controlled the German movie industry and the ideological orientation of the press. In 1944, he was appointed general deputy for the "total war" effort and, in effect, Hitler's sub-dictator. Goebbels, together with his wife, took his own life and those of his six children on May 1, 1945.

we in England are not permitted to carry guns and we get on just fine, there are the occasional, drive by shootings and Yardie killings by guns, but these are all illigaly gotten guns. and in the Ghettos of London. I am glad we are not allowed to carry guns.

chrisy":30g4z93n said:
we in England are not permitted to carry guns and we get on just fine, there are the occasional, drive by shootings and Yardie killings by guns, but these are all illigaly gotten guns. and in the Ghettos of London. I am glad we are not allowed to carry guns.

All the reports I have read show things otherwise. Maybe you need to look a little harder at what getting by just fine really means. Maybe since you have not been shot yet, you seem safer. But all the other country men that get robbed or killed because they can not protect themselves might look at it differently.

* England: According to the BBC News, handgun crime in the United Kingdom rose by 40% in the two years after it passed its draconian gun ban in 1997.4

3. Fact: British citizens are now more likely to become a victim of crime than are people in the United States:

* In 1998, a study conducted jointly by statisticians from the U.S. Department of Justice and the University of Cambridge in England found that most crime is now worse in England than in the United States.

* "You are more likely to be mugged in England than in the United States," stated the Reuters news agency in summarizing the study. "The rate of robbery is now 1.4 times higher in England and Wales than in the United States, and the British burglary rate is nearly double America's."6 The murder rate in the United States is reportedly higher than in England, but according to the DOJ study, "the difference between the [murder rates in the] two countries has narrowed over the past 16 years."7

* The United Nations confirmed these results in 2000 when it reported that the crime rate in England is higher than the crime rates of 16 other industrialized nations, including the United States.8

Carlos D.":227dkted said:
what was the historical reason for haveing THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS in the american constitution?

carl

I believe it arose from the American Revolution.

Alice":2c2srnyj said:
Carlos D.":2c2srnyj said:
makes sense-If we want to own a handgun in canada theres a lot of hoops to go through - mostly collectors or those affiliated with a gun glub can have one --criminal check and all to go through--But lately a lot of our murders in cities are committed with illegall hand guns brought up from the usa

carl

Do you mean illegally purchased handguns?
Alice

I might be wrong here, but I am under the impression that some firearms are illegal to purchase, due to their not meeting certain requirements and due to safety issues. I believe that the 'Saturday Night Special' fits into both categories, but I could be wrong on that. I also believe that it is illegal to purchase assault rifles/weapons in the United States because of what they were designed for and because the average person would not have any need for that use.

msscamp":251lngq8 said:
Alice":251lngq8 said:
Carlos D.":251lngq8 said:
makes sense-If we want to own a handgun in canada theres a lot of hoops to go through - mostly collectors or those affiliated with a gun glub can have one --criminal check and all to go through--But lately a lot of our murders in cities are committed with illegall hand guns brought up from the usa

carl

Alice

I might be wrong here, but I am under the impression that some firearms are illegal to purchase, due to their not meeting certain requirements and due to safety issues. I believe that the 'Saturday Night Special' fits into both categories, but I could be wrong on that. I also believe that it is illegal to purchase assault rifles/weapons in the United States because of what they were designed for and because the average person would not have any need for that use.

I don't believe that there is really a class of firearms called "assault weapons". There are automatic and semi-automatic. The so called "assault rifles" that have been available for sale were semi-automatic rifles, the same as a lot of hunting rifles except that they were designed to look like full automatic military weapons. Full automatic weapons have been outlawed except by special licensure for years.

Chris

msscamp":8a05nv2b said:

You're wrong.
Saturday night special is anything that the antigun people want to label as such. The assault weapon ban has passed into the history books. They were funtionally no different then sporting arms, the just were "evil" becaue of how they looked and the antigun people could rely the naivette of the public to buy into the theory that they were inherantly bad. The guns banned under the assalt weapon law were banned based on appearence.
I don;t like them because I think they're ugly, but if someone wants one there should be no reason that if the person is legally qualified that he/she should be allowed to own one.

dun

dun - yes, the assault ban has expired and I didn't realize it. Sorry about that. :oops:

Chris, I got my semi-automatic confused with my fully automatic. Sorry about that, too. :oops:

Thanks to both of you for the correction, I appreciate it very much! :)

One thing I never understood about the assault weapon ban was how they picked certain weapons and not others.

They never did ban the AR-15 did they? And that is about as non looking hunting gun as they get.

Gun control people can be some of the most unreasonable people there is.

aplusmnt":13udbs1b said:
chrisy":13udbs1b said:

All the reports I have read show things otherwise. Maybe you need to look a little harder at what getting by just fine really means. Maybe since you have not been shot yet, you seem safer. But all the other country men that get robbed or killed because they can not protect themselves might look at it differently.

* England: According to the BBC News, handgun crime in the United Kingdom rose by 40% in the two years after it passed its draconian gun ban in 1997.4

3. Fact: British citizens are now more likely to become a victim of crime than are people in the United States:

* In 1998, a study conducted jointly by statisticians from the U.S. Department of Justice and the University of Cambridge in England found that most crime is now worse in England than in the United States.

* "You are more likely to be mugged in England than in the United States," stated the Reuters news agency in summarizing the study. "The rate of robbery is now 1.4 times higher in England and Wales than in the United States, and the British burglary rate is nearly double America's."6 The murder rate in the United States is reportedly higher than in England, but according to the DOJ study, "the difference between the [murder rates in the] two countries has narrowed over the past 16 years."7

* The United Nations confirmed these results in 2000 when it reported that the crime rate in England is higher than the crime rates of 16 other industrialized nations, including the United States.8

yes the crime rate has gone up, but it does not include guns most muggings are by knife point, which I do not agree with, both my Daughter and Son were mugged, my Daughter by knife point and my Son threatened with a screwdriver, neither were hurt, they were luck, they were always told just hand everything over as it can all be bought again, and that is what they did, they are OK and it has not affected them. thank God. my Husband was jumped on by a group of youths, but he managed to get one in a grip, and the others run when they realised he was with the law, as the boy he had in the grip shouted Oh no his a copper, but I have never been a victim of a crime thankfully. The crime rate has gone up it would seem mainly by all the immigrants we have here, I am not prejudiced it is what my Husband has told me, by all the people he carries on his prison bus now, they all seem to be foreign. does that not tell you something. and when a Judge says to someone you have been here 9 years and been up in front of me 11 times, for burglary and now all is left to me is deportation. well go figure. Most gun crime here is in the Ghetto area. and is drug related, it is reported when it happens because it is not the usual thing. We are a small Country, with high unemployment and a culture of youths that have not been dissaplined because of all this politically correctness, a big influx of immigrants coming over to take the jobs left for very low pay, which our kids are going for and can't get because of it, and where will it all end, one day in a Civil War.

msscamp":3fa07c0n said:
Alice":3fa07c0n said:
Carlos D.":3fa07c0n said:

carl

Alice

I probably confused the issue with the way I wrote this. By illegally purchased I meant guns that are stolen or guns that are stolen and then sold to commit crimes with...or guns that are smuggled into the country to use by gangs or guns brought in by drug cartels to protect their "business."

Alice

chrisy":7v81x3m8 said:
aplusmnt":7v81x3m8 said:
chrisy":7v81x3m8 said:

yes the crime rate has gone up, but it does not include guns most muggings are by knife point, which I do not agree with, both my Daughter and Son were mugged, my Daughter by knife point and my Son threatened with a screwdriver, neither were hurt, they were luck, they were always told just hand everything over as it can all be bought again, and that is what they did, they are OK and it has not affected them. thank God. my Husband was jumped on by a group of youths, but he managed to get one in a grip, and the others run when they realised he was with the law, as the boy he had in the grip shouted Oh no his a copper, but I have never been a victim of a crime thankfully. The crime rate has gone up it would seem mainly by all the immigrants we have here, I am not prejudiced it is what my Husband has told me, by all the people he carries on his prison bus now, they all seem to be foreign. does that not tell you something. and when a Judge says to someone you have been here 9 years and been up in front of me 11 times, for burglary and now all is left to me is deportation. well go figure. Most gun crime here is in the Ghetto area. and is drug related, it is reported when it happens because it is not the usual thing. We are a small Country, with high unemployment and a culture of youths that have not been dissaplined because of all this politically correctness, a big influx of immigrants coming over to take the jobs left for very low pay, which our kids are going for and can't get because of it, and where will it all end, one day in a Civil War.

Sounds like you should be mad that you guys can not carry guns. I do not care how they try to kill me by gun or knife, I do not want to die either way. When citizens have the right to be armed it deters crime, does not matter rather they have to use them. Just the fact that they might be carrying is a deterrent.

Criminals will always find a weapon rather its a gun, knife or screwdriver. The whole question of Gun Control is rather the innocent will be able to defend themselves and their family when the time arises.

And when you talk about a civil war one day. How will you guys fight it? No one has any weapons. So you will be at the mercy of what ever tyrant controls the weapons. Believe me the Muslim immigrants you speak of will have no problem getting some weapons from their brothers in Iran.

You give up your guns and you give up your own ability to secure freedom for you family. Just like the Jews did when the Nazi's knocked on their doors to take their families to concentration camps. In America if that happened their would be a whole bunch of little battles going on, and a lot of dead Nazi's.

The assult rifle ban was confusing to the general public when it was introduced in I believe 94 or 95, not sure. The reason being was the ultimate agenda of the anti-gunners to eventually ban all private ownership of firearms. They say private citizens dont need to have arms. They realize our constitutions second amendment ensures that RIGHT, but intentionaly try to skew the interpretation of it to justify their argument. " an armed population are citizens, unarmed population are subjects"

aplusmnt":2uwx991z said:
[/quo I do not care how they try to kill me by gun or knife, I do not want to die either way. When citizens have the right to be armed it deters crime, does not matter rather they have to use them. Just the fact that they might be carrying is a deterrent.

Criminals will always find a weapon rather its a gun, knife or screwdriver. The whole question of Gun Control is rather the innocent will be able to defend themselves and their family when the time arises.

Most of us are familiar with what has been said in reference to Sam Colt's revolver-

"Fear no man, no matter what his size.
Call on me, I'll equalize."

msscamp":2y1as0hx said:
Wewild":2y1as0hx said:
Down here in redneck ville a city made created a law that said you had to own 1. Seemed to work.

See link

http://www.mcsm.org/kennesaw.html

Oh ..... it is a suburb of Atlanta.

I used to live in Kennesaw, I was happy to learn that I was in full compliance with the law! :lol: :lol:

I think it's best to let it be know than questioned.

We were neighbors once it seems.

Latest posts