Guns Locked up? How do you store them?

Help Support CattleToday:

Carlos it would seem the laws for guns in the home are a lot like ours here in England, ours being a bit stricker, wonder if it is because Canada and England have the same head of state? the Queen.

Here in England to own a gun you have to have all sorts of licences. the gun and the bullets have to be kept in a different room and both under lock and key, the Police come around to the house once a month to check on where the guns are, and you have to let them know when they are being taken out, and what for. you can only get a licence if you belong to a known gun club. Not sure about Farmers as they have different rules.

a few web pages...http://members.aol.com/gunbancon/Laws.html

chrisy":rsrhdspo said:
Carlos it would seem the laws for guns in the home are a lot like ours here in England, ours being a bit stricker, wonder if it is because Canada and England have the same head of state? the Queen.

Here in England to own a gun you have to have all sorts of licences. the gun and the bullets have to be kept in a different room and both under lock and key, the Police come around to the house once a month to check on where the guns are, and you have to let them know when they are being taken out, and what for. you can only get a licence if you belong to a known gun club. Not sure about Farmers as they have different rules.

a few web pages...http://members.aol.com/gunbancon/Laws.html
chrisy
well first off about the queen we are very tolerant of her in canada and like her (except the french part of canada but its pretty dangerous job to be royalty around the french :D )but we would never tolerate her to throw her wieght around. In regards to the gun laws Our liberal government introduced registering our guns .Western canada fought it like crazy. They spent millions on it, and made everybody out west fighting mad -lots didn't register them.I had to because of my wifes occupation. Then we got a conservative government and they scrapped the law. So now were back where we started from but the law to have them locked I agree with .Im allowed as a farmer to keep one by the door if I wish for varmit control.Interesting story ---we had a mounty who went to texas to teach some course,wore civ clothes The texas police wanted to know where his gun was -wanted to lend him one he declined I quess both thought the other one crazy.Its a lot of hassel to get a handgun here criminal checks, everything and basically the only one who can have one are those used for competition.thats ok with me to_Our crime in big cities (toronto) are mostly committed with illegall hand guns smuggled in from the states,and the gangs seem to shoot each other ,and thats ok with me to. but in western canada whenever theres a murder Its big news and almost all cases are solved pretty quick I still dont like the idea of haveing to sleep with a loaded pistol by my bed ---I quess I kind of do my wife is a mounty but she always locks her 9 m.m. up after every shift

carl

I guess every situation is different and people have reasons for doing what they do, but to me, keeping a loaded gun by the door is just arming whatever criminal breaks in without one.