Guns Locked up? How do you store them?

Help Support CattleToday:

warpaint":1e8xozdm said:
I keep my weapons and ammo in different places. Both are out of reach of small children and easily accessible to me.

SO don't knowbody come messin around my house. :)

Smart man not giving up their exact location. If any criminals monitoring this sight they would know to get the big rifle at caustics back door not the 16 gauge at the front. :lol:

Taught my kids how to shoot at an early age. Let them shoot apples with a .223. They got the point of how dangerous they can be by watching the apples explode.

Keep guns and ammo seperate but easily accessable. Do have some loaded pistols around but you got to know where they are to get at them. Carry a 9mm and a 38 to work every day. So don't mess with me anywhere anytime. ;-)

aplusmnt":31jf1pln said:
warpaint":31jf1pln said:
I keep my weapons and ammo in different places. Both are out of reach of small children and easily accessible to me.

Smart man not giving up their exact location. If any criminals monitoring this sight they would know to get the big rifle at caustics back door not the 16 gauge at the front. :lol:

I think I might prefer the the 16. He's probably shooting food off the back stoop with the other.

aplusmnt":2hw78er8 said:
warpaint":2hw78er8 said:

Lets see they are enough to make you wished you hadn't tried for any. Wanna try? Almost forgot the dog he aint friendly.

Caustic Burno":xlxtij3l said:
aplusmnt":xlxtij3l said:
warpaint":xlxtij3l said:

Lets see they are 6 12 ga 4 16 ga 2 45-70's 2 30-30's 2 22 mags 2 22's 2 30-06's 45 long colt 45 ACP 44 mag 44 special 410 pistol and a 22 accessible from the bedroom. Wanna try?

:lol: :lol: Guess Alice does not have to worry, we get invaded the invaders will be so occupied fighting you she can escape up north. Alamo all over again. :lol:

aplusmnt":gwo3yzi1 said:
Caustic Burno":gwo3yzi1 said:
aplusmnt":gwo3yzi1 said:
warpaint":gwo3yzi1 said:

Lets see they are 6 12 ga 4 16 ga 2 45-70's 2 30-30's 2 22 mags 2 22's 2 30-06's 45 long colt 45 ACP 44 mag 44 special 410 pistol and a 22 accessible from the bedroom. Wanna try?

:lol: :lol: Guess Alice does not have to worry, we get invaded the invaders will be so occupied fighting you she can escape up north. Alamo all over again. :lol:

I might just slip back in the thicket until they apprehended her.
Ten minutes after she went to talking they would leave.

And my name was brought up in a thread that I haven't posted to or had any comment for because?....

Alice

Caustic Burno":10z0e61l said:
aplusmnt":10z0e61l said:
Caustic Burno":10z0e61l said:
aplusmnt":10z0e61l said:
warpaint":10z0e61l said:

I might just slip back in the thicket until they apprehended her.
Ten minutes after she went to talking they would leave.

:lol: :lol:

Alice":obb9122u said:
And my name was brought up in a thread that I haven't posted to or had any comment for because?....

Alice

Sorry, you are the only liberal Texan I know I was grasping for someone that could run for help while Caustic held them off with his armory.

aplusmnt":3l8dp5gh said:
Alice":3l8dp5gh said:

Alice

Sorry, you are the only liberal Texan I know I was grasping for someone that could run for help while Caustic held them off with his armory.

Help for what?

Alice

Alice":q3b6oaz3 said:
aplusmnt":q3b6oaz3 said:
Alice":q3b6oaz3 said:

Alice

Help for what?

Alice

Aunt Alice, ya know if they didn't love ya, they wouldn't mess with ya! ;-)

Carlos D.":30j8uc10 said:
In canada we have to have them in a locked cabinet unloaded or trigger locks on them the amo cant be stored in the same place as the guns; hand guns have to be double locked.Kind of makes sense ---So if some nut goes into a rage he has to unlock gun and unlock amo to should be enough time to cool down a little

carl
I am curious as to who checks to make sure all these rules are followed?

warpaint":27ynmehn said:
Alice":27ynmehn said:
aplusmnt":27ynmehn said:
Alice":27ynmehn said:

Alice

Help for what?

Alice

Aunt Alice, ya know if they didn't love ya, they wouldn't mess with ya! ;-)

I have long suspected there was a crush involved here, not sure who has it for who. But either way if Mrs. Caustic finds out I would be scared, because I bet she knows the combination to that armory he has. :lol:

Carlos D.":2pj937pt said:
In canada we have to have them in a locked cabinet unloaded or trigger locks on them the amo cant be stored in the same place as the guns; hand guns have to be double locked.Kind of makes sense ---So if some nut goes into a rage he has to unlock gun and unlock amo to should be enough time to cool down a little

carl

What are you suppose to do if some nut breaks into your home though? I would think the odds are greater of a home intruder than some gun owner going psycho and a couple extra minutes calms him down.

Ryder":1is52mz8 said:
Carlos D.":1is52mz8 said:

carl

No one that I know of .They just enforce it if they become aware of it. While I have quite a few visible guns with trigger locks .I also have guns stashed all over the place.Lots of hidyholes in this house..it used to belong to a bootlegger.. :lol:

frenchie":rmi80y8a said:
Ryder":rmi80y8a said:
Carlos D.":rmi80y8a said:

carl

No one that I know of .They just enforce it if they become aware of it. While I have quite a few visible guns with trigger locks .I also have guns stashed all over the place.Lots of hidyholes in this house..it used to belong to a bootlegger.. :lol:
I think I understand.
;-)

Here is a picture of the compromise between keeping a gun hidden but accessible without locking it up. Thinking about putting one of these by the back door and in the bedroom. They make them for shotguns also.

26845.jpg

Ryder":19klsc1y said:
Carlos D.":19klsc1y said:

carl
no body but if the cops are called on a domestic they will checkand I quess if they feel one of the people is crazy they will take the guns

carl

jack.diamond":18xy8uwg said:
Muratic":18xy8uwg said:
Wewild":18xy8uwg said:
My oldest when she was 6 put a rifle to my wifes head without my wife knowing and pulled the trigger.

And what did you do?

I am hoping not the worst happened :roll:

JD

It was unloaded but others weren't

Latest posts