Gun Safe

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":2w87j9bx said:
First off let me say I have 2 stack on gun safes one holds strictly guns one has guns and important papers and cash. One thing you guys have not mention which was important to me was " WATERPROOF " If your guns are in a fire and they come in and spray to put it out and have to really soak the place guess what if your safe isnt waterproof ur guns and paperwork will be soiled. Keep in mind youre buying a fireproof safe the rating is important but think about if its in a fire and water is used to put out the fire your stuff can get damaged if its not waterproof :2cents:

Don't worry about the water from someone who has had a house fire, the water is not what get's them. A gun can handle getting wet all day, it cant't handle a 1000 degree fire. You can literally see one turn into a pile of rust right before your eyes's on one that has went through a fire.
The heat is what ruin's them along with the chemical's that the fire give's off. I had to throw away dang near every gun that was in that fire. That is when I learned about getting a fire rated safe.

skyhightree1":3rkxw1rk said:
First off let me say I have 2 stack on gun safes one holds strictly guns one has guns and important papers and cash. One thing you guys have not mention which was important to me was " WATERPROOF " If your guns are in a fire and they come in and spray to put it out and have to really soak the place guess what if your safe isnt waterproof ur guns and paperwork will be soiled. Keep in mind youre buying a fireproof safe the rating is important but think about if its in a fire and water is used to put out the fire your stuff can get damaged if its not waterproof :2cents:

I'm having a hard time with that, I can see a little leakage from a fire hose but not a whole lot of water, may be some humidity issues from a fire and fire hose but nothing that can't be saved if caught in time. Now a flood is another story.

I believe in CYA in any avenue thats available why not cover 2 birds with one stone. I am listing what my safe will do. Now if it does let water get in then you gotta have a talk with the manufacturer on that but I believe in over kill and have really important documents that I want to prevent getting wet at all or damaged. I mean its not a whole heck of alot more for an added feather so why not? I guess I believe in added insurance on everything I even have standing timber insurance. I still haven't seen 1 good reason as to why not to look for the waterproof feature.

Waterproof / fireproof gun safe with combination lock
Convertible gun capacity of 22 or 11 rifles
ETL Listed for 60 minutes of fire protection up to 1400ºF
ETL Listed for 72 hours of water protection in 2 ft. of standing water
5 active door bolts and 3 steel dead bolts
6 adjustable shelves, fully carpeted interior, door storage system, mounting hardware included
Black/gray matte exterior with chrome accents

skyhightree1":3gf4akmw said:
I believe in CYA in any avenue thats available why not cover 2 birds with one stone. I am listing what my safe will do. Now if it does let water get in then you gotta have a talk with the manufacturer on that but I believe in over kill and have really important documents that I want to prevent getting wet at all or damaged. I mean its not a whole heck of alot more for an added feather so why not? I guess I believe in added insurance on everything I even have standing timber insurance. I still haven't seen 1 good reason as to why not to look for the waterproof feature.

Waterproof / fireproof gun safe with combination lock
Convertible gun capacity of 22 or 11 rifles
ETL Listed for 60 minutes of fire protection up to 1400ºF
ETL Listed for 72 hours of water protection in 2 ft. of standing water
5 active door bolts and 3 steel dead bolts
6 adjustable shelves, fully carpeted interior, door storage system, mounting hardware included
Black/gray matte exterior with chrome accents

No sweat! You should be able to pick one of those up for only $3,000 to $5,000. Please post pictures so the rest of us can drool over it! ;-)

I will take some but its truly nothing special... Mine are older I got it for 649.00 each I keep one in my office/shop the other at home. There are alot of other nicer ones out there but I just wanted the fire and water protection as you can see its not break the bank expensive its just as expensive if you get the waterprotection certification which is why I don't understand why someone wouldn't look for that feature. Maybe with other safe makers its really expensive to get that feature.
http://www.amazon.com/Stack-On-TD-22-SB ... m_sbs_hi_1

Latest posts