Guess Which Breed (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy":2r6d7wqt said:
cheaters never win jaydill.
aw shucks. i'm sorry guys. :( won't ever do it again, scouts honor. ;-)

sad thing is...gettin in this showing business, i've seen one-to-many cheaters win. in the short run, anyways.

Thanks Annie, am I ever glad you put the "Bull" and "Cow" labels on those pictures! I am still confused and thinking Charlais, but Charlais have never had that depth! :)

What I am really thinking is I would trade my herd with 50 plus years of PB breeding technology for a herd like those 2!

Sorry that I can't give the exact date of the pictures taken, but as most have deduced, they are Shorthorn cattle.

The only info I have on them is that they were winners from some livestock show in Scotland in the late 1800's/early 1900's.

Take care.

CattleAnnie":42j8xvpt said:
Sorry that I can't give the exact date of the pictures taken, but as most have deduced, they are Shorthorn cattle.

The only info I have on them is that they were winners from some livestock show in Scotland in the late 1800's/early 1900's.

Take care.

If there was a pic of someone standing beside them, you would be surprised just how short these shorthorns are.

Those old cattlemen did not worry about daylight under a cow.

I will take 50 of them for my herd - unfortunately that style of animal is long gone and it is a true shame.

Bez!

Bez!":1rrpsp4e said:
CattleAnnie":1rrpsp4e said:

Take care.

If there was a pic of someone standing beside them, you would be surprised just how short these shorthorns are.

I will take 50 of them for my herd - unfortunately that style of animal is long gone and it is a true shame.

Bez!

Amen brother Bez there has been a lot lost trying to copy Angus to get black hide. Created a big septic tank.

Caustic Burno":3gs01ivm said:
Bez!":3gs01ivm said:
CattleAnnie":3gs01ivm said:

Take care.

Bez!

Amen brother Bez there has been a lot lost trying to copy Angus to get black hide. Created a big septic tank.

I will probably create a schitzen storm, but those cattle would match up against any of the modern angus and quite likely would out perform them in the long run. Eat less, calve out in the field, do not know what a roof is, never heard of pellets, eat dirt to get the minerals they like, manage in any condition, sleep on snow and still put out a quality carcass. They would be only 3/4 of the height but would match the animal in meat on the rail.

We tend to change many things when we try to breed to the ideal - and in the end we usually lose as much or more.

Hit me folks - last post from me - but is there anyone out there that would not like a few of those in the photo?

Bez!

Bez!":ethe54wt said:
Caustic Burno":ethe54wt said:
Bez!":ethe54wt said:
CattleAnnie":ethe54wt said:

Take care.

Bez!

I will probably create a schitzen storm, but those cattle would match up against any of the modern angus and quite likely would out perform them in the long run. Eat less, calve out in the field, do not know what a roof is, never heard of pellets, eat dirt to get the minerals they like, manage in any condition, sleep on snow and still put out a quality carcass. They would be only 3/4 of the height but would match the animal in meat on the rail.

We tend to change many things when we try to breed to the ideal - and in the end we usually lose as much or more.

Hit me folks - last post from me - but is there anyone out there that would not like a few of those in the photo?

Bez!

IVe always liked the oldtimey waist high blocks of beef. especially the shorthorns.

Latest posts