Guess the weight (no prizes involved..)

Help Support CattleToday:

Arkieman

Reaction score
Our first calf. He came about 11 days early! We AI'd to the Maine bull Cowan's Ali. A little bull calf. I know Ali's a calving ease bull, but I'm guessing he may be 30 lbs - max? The heifers around him prob weigh 1000 to 1100 pounds.

DSC_0042a.JPG

DSC_0043a.JPG

You really think so?? Dang, he seems small to me. I've got to russle me up some bathroom scales while I can still catch it!!

have you used a tape i was really suprised when i did the diffrence in what i thought and what it was

You know, I'm not very proud to admit it, but I have paid premium at the sale barn based exclusivly on what I call "cuteness factor". No reason other than I have to have it cause its so dang cute. Your little heifer ~ if she came through, I'd be getting out my check book :nod: . Sheesh ~ thats a sweet one!

now angie you know sale barns love wemen calf buyers.because yall do bid on an buy calves based on the cuteness factor.an they know the cuter the calf the more yall will pay for the calves.

If there's one thing I've learned, if you like something in the ring and a woman starts to bid ------------ YOU'RE DOOMED!!! Cause they ain't quitin' !!!

BTW, 8 y/o daughter named her Anna Belle (makes her even cuter, huh? :D )

Oh ~ Anna Belle is very precious :nod:
I am so glad to know that I am not the only one who buys based on cute.
I am an easy ticket sometimes I think at the sale barn. I go with money in my pocket, I go back ahead of time and look at the calves, watch them for a long time, write down numbers of the ones I want and I don't look at anything else that comes in the ring. So, if a calf comes in and I start bidding, it means I want it. I realize this makes me an easy target, but I don't have time or inclination to play the game ~ maybe if I did it more often, bought more I would be more inclined. Sometimes I am outbid, but not very often ~ and never on "cute".
That one would be going home with me :nod: :cowboy:

Arkieman":32x0khhy said:
If there's one thing I've learned, if you like something in the ring and a woman starts to bid ------------ YOU'RE DOOMED!!! Cause they ain't quitin' !!!

Geez
I wish you wouldn't have named her Anna Belle. That was my Grandma's name and she is awful purty. What would you take to ship her to Colorado.

Wimen aren't the only ones that go for cute.

By the way I'd guess her at 75lbs and the black bull calf around the same maybe less

3waycross":1fp9ckp5 said:
Arkieman":1fp9ckp5 said:

Geez
I wish you wouldn't have named her Anna Belle. That was my Grandma's name and she is awful purty. What would you take to ship her to Colorado.

Wimen aren't the only ones that go for cute.

By the way I'd guess her at 75lbs and the black bull calf around the same maybe less

Thanks for the comments. I guess that's the reason photos are dangerous!! They're nowhere near the same size. I'll get a pic with them together as soon as I can to show the difference.

Colorado, huh?? Man that's a looooonng way from Arkieland!!

angie":1k71wxo7 said:
Whatever 3way bids ~ I'll one up him!!
Don't send her to Colorado!!

What's wrong with Colorado, besides I've got kin folks in Missouri at least I speak the language(arkansawyer that is). If you let her go to The great frozen north you will never hear from her again.
I hear they have wolves up there. She's too purty to have to go up there and be eaten by wolves while she's freezing to death in June

3waycross":3mzo5h5a said:
What's wrong with Colorado, besides I've got kin folks in Missouri at least I speak the language(arkansawyer that is). If you let her go to The great frozen north you will never hear from her again.
I hear they have wolves up there. She's too purty to have to go up there and be eaten by wolves while she's freezing to death in June
Dear 3waycross,
I am sure you are aware that Arkieman is a smart, smart cattle rancher. He cannot make decisions based on temperature or wolves ~ he is wise enough to know its the bottom line that counts. (How is that for spreading it thick! :cowboy: ). Besides, she is young, she can learn the language, be bilingual ~yes? How cool is that?
I've got my number in the air! "Hep"!

IMG_0610.JPG[img]
[/img]

I submit for your consideration a picture of my current favorite cow. The amazing Cookie. I believe this establishes my position as a conneseur of fine black baldies. This should prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that she is much better off with me. You might also let her know I have been known to carry around a lot of cake in my pocket when checking my cows. Cookie will testify to this fact if need be.

OK Angie I give up I can't get the @#$%$$@$% picture to post. Take her she's all yours.

3waycross":2djuhtx5 said:
IMG_0610.JPG

I submit for your consideration a picture of my current favorite cow. The amazing Cookie. I believe this establishes my position as a conneseur of fine black baldies. This should prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that she is much better off with me. You might also let her know I have been known to carry around a lot of cake in my pocket when checking my cows. Cookie will testify to this fact if need be.

OK Angie I give up I can't get the @#$%$$@$% picture to post. Take her she's all yours.

Latest posts