Guess the Breed

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
Let's see how many can name the breed of this critter. :D

Buddy_001.jpg

In case you're stumped, here's another shot. :D

Buddy_003.jpg

I'm always a bit perplexed when trying to identify beagles and the foxhounds from pictures. I'll assume beagle is "too easy" in this case and with the relatively short legs I'll just make a wild guess that it is an English Foxhound rather than an American Foxhound.

Arnold Ziffle":vi06rcgb said:
I'm always a bit perplexed when trying to identify beagles and the foxhounds from pictures. I'll assume beagle is "too easy" in this case and with the relatively short legs I'll just make a wild guess that it is an English Foxhound rather than an American Foxhound.
Too short to be either of those. I think you were right in the beginning.. Beagle is my guess.

Okay, got out my essential dog book. Since we may be looking for zebras here, I will say Hamiltonstovare. A dog in the gundog group. Also known as the Swedish Foxhound.

You guys are making this too hard. :) He's a run of the mill Beagle. Buddy the Beagle. We got him at the Humane Society in January. He was someone's house dog and, at first, wanted very badly to get in our house. But he's adjusted pretty well to the country life.

Also known as a "Bubba Dog" around my house. When I was pregnant with #1 son, we adopted a puppy I saw on one of those tv news features. A beagle/german shep cross. Little when we got him, but then turned in a german shep sized, beagle coated monster with a tail about 12 feet long. His name was Bubba. He liked to dig up trees. Big trees. He bayed at the moon and chased skunks. He would pull me down the road on the leash twice a day. Finally went to live with my uncle when we had to move back to the city.

We raised Beagles years ago and field trialed some. We had a Lab for years and she was wonderful. We didn't want another Lab, so we got a mutt. The UPS guy wiped him him out about Christmas and we decided to go with a Beagle. I had forgotten what happy little dogs they were. He was pretty stressed for the first week or so when we wouldn't let him in the house and the coyotes were howling all around. But now he's after the rabbits, turkeys, doesn't do snakes, or skunks, thank goodness, and barks back at the coyotes. We had to work with him and the cows. They scared him at first, so he barked. That wasn't good, of course. He's dug several holes in the yard since it started warming up. I've fixed a place in the shady flowerbed and keep it wet. Maybe I can get him trained to go there and cool off. You think :?: :lol:

Latest posts