The rare breed.

Help Support CattleToday:

tex452

Reaction score
My 4 1/2 year old granddaughter loves cattle.
She watched the movie the rare breed probably ten times.
Now she is in love with white faced cattle, we bought a group of angus cows and she told me " they're not motley face".
She is wanting me to buy a Hereford bull because she likes vindicator.
Granddaughters have a way to tug Popo's heart strings.

I watched that movie a couple of times-
Keeping my head in charge of my heart has always been a problem for me. Hard economic reality has a way of tempering your dreams.

We've ran Hereford bulls on black cows for the last 10 yrs and have done well with the baldy calves. In a few weeks we'll be selling the last Hereford bull and going to all Brangus bulls. I'm really going to miss the baldy calves but time to try something new.

My 4 1/2 year old granddaughter loves cattle.
She watched the movie the rare breed probably ten times.
Now she is in love with white faced cattle, we bought a group of angus cows and she told me "they're not motley face".
She is wanting me to buy a Hereford bull because she likes vindicator.
Granddaughters have a way to tug Popo's heart strings.
This is wonderful! What an opportunity for you to teach your grand daughter about cattle. Teach her about ALL the different breeds out there (I don't know how may registered breeds there are, but well over a hundred to possibly a few hundred? I haven't seen the movie, but I'm going to look it up now.

We tried both over the years. Gotta say I liked the horned better. We had a few had had the weights put on to turn the horns down and they really looked good. The one we're selling now is built really nice but got a hitch in his back this breeding season so time for him to go. The one we sold a few weeks ago was huge but got a foot infection he couldn't get over.

Latest posts