Group diet

Help Support CattleToday:

So far it's:
Me
PDFangus
Slick
Melking

I'm going to periodically post what I lose. Knowing everybody on here will see me fail, and possibly encourage me if I falter might work. I had broccoli, chicken, fruit, 100 calorie dessert packed today. I gave away the desert, and saved the fruit for later. It was in the back of my mind the whole time about this thread.

After posting to this thread earlier guilt musta came over me at the doughnut shop. Had one fried egg, slice of cheese and 4 strips of bacon. It's normally encased in a croissant. (no carbs) No lunch for me today.

I guess I could lend my wife to cook for ya for a while. I get one meal a day and it usually don't hit the table till about 9pm.
I love her madly, but man them blackened biscuits and blackened cornbread is hard on the palate and the smoke alarms.
(she was honest about it tho. Told me from day one "I don't cook".)
I thought she was joking--really. That was nearly 18 yrs ago...

An easy way to keep track of your calories is http://www.myfitnesspal.com/
The free mobile app is great and it is fairly easy to use.

If you can keep track of what you eat, it is easier to eat healthier. Another thing that helps is cutting out all soda pop (cokes, soda water, soft drinks,whatever you call them) including diet drinks. The diet sodas are the worst about making you gain weight. The artificial sweetners are still sugars. Plus the soft drinks made today are not the same as when they were created over 100 years ago.

I need to lose about 25 pounds. I have been thinking about joining weight watchers online. What is hard for me is realizing what a serving size or portion actually is. I was told that a serving size is approximately the same size as your fist. I don't know how true that is, but I do know that a serving of ice cream is 1/2 cup or a tennis ball size scoop. That seems so little. . .

Good luck everyone!

gizmom":zxlp13hn said:
Indeed to lose at least 50 and that is being consertive. I will let you know if I'm in as soon as this jumbo bad of m&m's with peanuts is gone....

Gizmom

:lol2: :lol2: follow it up with a big glass of whole milk..

chippie--if it's Blue Bell Homemade vanilla ice cream, then the usual serving size is 1/2 of a 1/2 gallon.
I have measured this out many many times personally--I know that of which I speak.

Count me out as I have to drink a six pack a day to keep my jeans up. I do know more than a few people with weight issues who have solved them very simply with better nutrition though and I don't mean less food. My sister started juicing vegetables and taking a nutritional shake every morning and lost twenty five pounds within a two month span eating the same foods she always has.
I always get a kick out of customers who have cow nutrition figured down to a gnat's a$$ but they can never seem to apply that theory to themselves. :lol: These guys can tell you with precision what an extra pound of ingrediant X will do but they all still get half drunk every afternoon and eat red chili burritoes from the texaco for lunch and dinner. :roll:

slick4591":2v7iq6zv said:
Vic, I did the same thing about four years ago. Went to a no carb diet and lost 60 lbs in about 4 months. It worked for me because I could eat all the meat, greens, fruit, dairy and whatever else didn't have carbs instead of just a few small portions with carbs. I'd fudge occasionally and that would put in limbo for a few days, then I'd start dropping again. I stopped drinking cold drinks and lost 10 lbs before I even started the diet, and switched to Crystal Light and water for my drinks. Sure did miss my beer tho.

Slick, I did the same thing a few years back and lost 30 pounds and got down to a size 32 from 36. It was difficult at first with only 25 grams of carbs per day but it got easier. After some cardio exercise, 3-4 days a week, the weight started dropping. I'm still doing good and if the lbs start to increase a bit, I just lay off the fries, beer or whatever. Beer will build weight faster than just about anything.

James T":1wgab1en said:
Slick, I did the same thing a few years back and lost 30 pounds and got down to a size 32 from 36. It was difficult at first with only 25 grams of carbs per day but it got easier. After some cardio exercise, 3-4 days a week, the weight started dropping. I'm still doing good and if the lbs start to increase a bit, I just lay off the fries, beer or whatever. Beer will build weight faster than just about anything.

There at the end I started knocking back a few cold ones and was loosing very little. I eventually fell victim to chicken-fried steak and cream gravy, and I'm now back to within 10 lbs of where I started before the diet. I've done good so far tonight tho with an 8 oz sirloin filet and green beans. Now I gotta figure out a snack in a couple of hours.

greybeard":1gv0u3zx said:
I guess I could lend my wife to cook for ya for a while. I get one meal a day and it usually don't hit the table till about 9pm.
I love her madly, but man them blackened biscuits and blackened cornbread is hard on the palate and the smoke alarms.
(she was honest about it tho. Told me from day one "I don't cook".)
I thought she was joking--really. That was nearly 18 yrs ago...

I will never forget my uncle one time looking at my aunt and asking what is that. Seems it was the first time she had ever served fried potatoes without burning them to a crisp. He didn't recognize them.

I gained one pound. No crap. I couldn't believe it. I now have 74 pounds to lose. I had a rodeo this weekend, that was hard to eat right at. Went to the North American yesterday, and that was worse. I will keep trying.

I'll try, here is a pic from about a year ago, I weighed about 285 (I'm the one in the middle). I'm at about 270 now, even 20lbs would be great.

CalfandCattle041.jpg

Larry

I managed to knock off 2 more pounds this week. I would like to say it was because of my stellar resolve but in truth it is because I just don't feel like eating much. Last night for supper I had a slice of cheddar cheese, a hlaf dozen olives and a handful of potatoe chips.

I lost 8 pounds in the week and a half I was elk hunting. Had to take the belt up a notch. If I could just convince the game dept to leave season open for a few months I would slim right down. I guess I could just go hike up and down hills for 12-15 miles every day but it wouldn't be the same.

Latest posts