Grey discharge one eye

Help Support CattleToday:

RedRockRanch

Reaction score
I have an 8 month old bull calf I just bought that has a slight discharge coming from the left eye. The discharge looks like mucus and is greyish in color but the eye itself looks clear and healthy. The right eye has no discharge at all. Is this something that will clear up by itself, or should I get him checked for pinkeye? I'll try to get a picture.

Thanks DMF ...Yeah, I talked to my vet and he said it's likely just an irritation from dust, dirt, or some other debris, maybe a minor scratch during the trailer ride. I'm going to make up a batch of home made saline solution and flush it out good with a syringe. I'll try to get a picture before sometime this coming weekend.

Seems I see alot of that sort of thing in the winter months. I always figured it was from borrowing into the hay bales and gettin poke or dust etc. JMHO B&G

That actually makes a lot of sense considering the butt nugget that sold me these supposedly "clean" round bales are riddled with thorny dewberry vines. My introduction to raising cattle is full of new learning experiences ;)

Latest posts