grants

Help Support CattleToday:

dbc

Reaction score
I havent been on in a while, but needed yalls help. My family has about 130 acres that are in need of repair. I wanted to know if anyone knew how you can get grants or any kind of money. if anyone can help can you please send me a message?
thanks

I would imagine there be some, but why should the taxpayers pay ta get all ya'lls land in shape? Go get a loan against it and pay for it yaself.

Rookie":8gwxfqfx said:
I would imagine there be some, but why should the taxpayers pay ta get all ya'lls land in shape? Go get a loan against it and pay for it yaself.

I think that's exactly what he's looking for ;-) You're so helpful. Typical of the board.

LangCattleCompany":2b10zr3z said:
Rookie":2b10zr3z said:

I think that's exactly what he's looking for ;-) You're so helpful. Typical of the board.

No, quite the contrary there lang. Soundin ta me the person be looking for free money, which is what a GRANT be. The money gave away for those kinda things be commin straight from taxpayers pockets.Family owns 130 acres but wants the govt to bear the risk for em so's they aint out a thing if it don't work out.

Talk with your local NRCS staff. I got 75% cost share through EQUIP to fix some gully erosion that was caused by poor crop farming practices up the watershed from me. There are some other good cost-share programs out there that will help with soil and wildlife conservation projects. I can't speak for all NRCS employees, but our district conservationist has been very helpful.

Caustic Burno":20ooxb23 said:
I agree why should the taxpayer fix his farm, suggestion try doing it the old fashion way hard work and earn it. Not a blue state way.

You mean this "blue state way"?

http://www.mises.org/fullstory.aspx?control=1677&id=74

Check some of the other tax revenue vs. tax expenditure records. I think you'll find my two favorite "blue states", Minnesota and Wisconsin, at #48 and #49 in the amount of federal tax money returned in the form of federal programs.

Where does your state rank?

thanks badaxemoo, ill look into it. So you two are telling me that if you were offered money to improve your land that you wouldn't take it? i doubt it. the money that i would receive would be going to someone else so why not try. i didn't ask for a bunch of rude responses from negative grouches, so either help or keep to "opinions" to yourselves.

VERY well said dbc. Getting to be way too many negative postings. It's a shame too. There are many helpful caring people on this board.

Wonder what would happen if we (those in "farming") all decided not to use the "taxpayer money" the government was offering? I bet the government would quit charging us so much for taxes. :idea: :lol: hahahaha

A lot of bigger farmers than I am take the EQUIP money on a regular basis. I don't because I don't like the price tag that comes with it.First of all, it is not "free" money....you will be given a 1099 and pay income tax on it, second of all, there are time frames you have to do the work, and guidelines that must be followed to do the work....and God forbid if you want to get a dozer to clean up any place that could even remotely be thought of as "wetlands". They will prohibit you from doing it....and fine you big time if you do,even though you own the land! I checked into it, because I wanted to be able to get the crossfencing done now, and a well dug now, etc. (a vestige of my baby-boomer ideology I guess).It has taken me a long time to accomplish what the Lord has helped me do, and I have a long way to go (with the Lords help), but I don't have big brother looking over my shoulder (except by satellite). ;-) :cboy:

dbc":2klmclug said:
thanks badaxemoo, ill look into it. So you two are telling me that if you were offered money to improve your land that you wouldn't take it? i doubt it. the money that i would receive would be going to someone else so why not try. i didn't ask for a bunch of rude responses from negative grouches, so either help or keep to "opinions" to yourselves.

Please tell me why I should pay for you to improve your farm/ranch. How about a job and working up a sweat to get it done? Like very many have done before

JMO,
Alan

I don't think you get it. The gov. has already alloted this money.for this purpose. I asked you if you knew how to get help, not where i could find a job.

dbc":3sixnc90 said:
I don't think you get it. The gov. has already alloted this money.for this purpose. I asked you if you knew how to get help, not where i could find a job.

And where did these alloted funds come from? I get it just fine, I just don't think much of people wanting a hand out.

Alan

The money has already been allocated and will be spent. If you don't think they should allocate the money, great make comments to congress before the 2007 farm bill is passed. But this money now is aready allocated and believe me it will be spent. Government agencies don't send back unspent money. They make sure that they spend every single penny. It is much better to get the money to some place that needs the help than to pour it into a place that doesn't really need anything. Also it is not free money. You have to pay taxes on it. You have to do things on their timeline. Whic is almost guaranteed to be too slow or too fast. You have to do things to their specifications which means it will cost more than it would if you did it yourself. In some cases a lot more. And you get the frustration of dealing with the federal government. That alone is worth more than they give you.
Dave

Haven't ya'll learned yet. This is the "My Way" board. Unless you ask questions THEY like all you get is put downs no information.

I dont like spending so much for beef. Maybe the government should let the beef market alone and let any beef in so the prices will drop. Y'ou guys are getting "handouts" even if they aren't cash. I guess there is no "beef" lobby out there?

They NEVER have ideas, just sarcasm.

Why dont you people eat your money. See how long it keeps you alive. Your precious money.

Seems some should learn a few things cause it seems a little hypocritical to talk like that in here and then quote Bible verses in other places.

There are a lot of loans out there for use. Contact you local agent or town hall.

Hope you find something.

It's bad enough if you really do talk like you are an idiot, why don't you type in a manner that doesn't give off the impression that you are a 3/4 brain dead hillbilly rapper wannabe.

(Though I admit I've never heard of an "equip" program nor do I know what it means/does. Nor have I ever taken advantage of any government programs personally (other than drought relief subsidies)).

I don't think some of you understand the idea of the Farm Subsidy programs at all....

It is common that government (be it for farming of Corporate hand-out programs) commonly makes money available to expand business. The idea being that the sooner you can help an enterprise expand and grow, the sooner that enterprise can

a) begin contributing to the tax base by paying taxes.
b) begin employing workers providing wages.
c) begin those workers spending those wages and expanding the consumer driven segments of the economy.

From an economic expansion perspective, ANY new company/business/enterprise that accelerates their time line to productivity is a good thing for the economy/nation as a whole.

So if the various farm programs/subsidies allows people to get their cattle efforts into production sooner than they would otherwise be able to do so on their own resources, in the big picture of things that probably is a good "investment" by the government in expanding the tax base and growing the economy.

If a government program pays a farmer say $5,000 and with the benefit of that program the farmer produces $15,000 of cattle production over the near future on which he pays $5,000 of taxes, that subsidy has paid for itself in the goverment budget.

I really don't think farmers taking government money are doing anything Corporate America is not doing. If the "big boys" have got their hands out in Washington, I don't see any reason that Farmers do not deserve to be at the same table.

(At least that is the way I see it).

Caustic Burno":17pk9taq said:
I agree why should the taxpayer fix his farm, suggestion try doing it the old fashion way hard work and earn it. Not a blue state way.

Rofl.......Now we can add another one to the list, Of Hobby Farmers etc....... We now have Blue State Farmers :D

Latest posts