GPS Again

Help Support CattleToday:

Cabo

Reaction score
I am wondering what GPS system with autosteer that you think is best if money were no object. I do a fair amount of spraying for folks and have the Trimble 500 that seems to do fair but not totally sure about it's accuracy. Your comments and opinions are solicited.

can't you buy something (an upgrade?) from Trimble to make it more accurate. Saying that, do you have to be that close when spraying. I know those guys planting those huge farms have a system that will get within an inch but with spraying, I would think 6" would be more than adequate.

bird dog":2roki1af said:
do you have to be that close when spraying. I know those guys planting those huge farms have a system that will get within an inch but with spraying, I would think 6" would be more than adequate.
You wuold think incorrectly. If that 6 inches is overlap you're wastin chemicals (more dollars out of pocket), if the 6 inches is a gap you would have to later go back and respray what you missed, more dollars out of pocket. Granted I have a little overlap with my foam marker system, but it sure is more accurate than the really expensive GPS system I bought 5-6 years ago.

Latest posts