Gotta love a small town.......

Help Support CattleToday:

MO_cows

Reaction score
Hubby works for a small town, public works. Water main break, sewer problem, he gets the call. So when the phone rang at 2 am this morning, he answered it with a sense of dread. Please, Lord, don't let it be a water leak. It was in the teens with a brisk north wind, the worst kind of night to dig out and work on a water leak. Prayer was answered, that wasn't it. It was the cop on duty - the police car broke down and could he use one of the public works pickups to finish his patrol. You betcha, take it. So the officer was out patrolling in a pickup truck with a "plug in" flashing light sitting on the dash. Kinda funny. But the best part, around 6 am this morning, our son who lives nearby was going to work. He sees the city pickup out and about, and wonders what got his dad out working so early. So he chases the pickup down, pulls it over. Oops, you're not my dad!

:lol: :lol: Thats funny right there. Yes you gotta love small towns. Doing whatever it takes to keep everyone safe and secure. I bet that cop was just as confused as your son was.

I don't know which officer it was on duty, most of them know son because he's on the volunteer fire dept. But it was still dark so neither one of them knew what was going on until the window rolled down..... I got a good laugh out of that mental image, the look on our son's face must have been priceless.

And I forgot to mention that the snow plow is on the truck, ready for snow expected Saturday. It was a real "Mayberry" moment.