Got the boys home.

Help Support CattleToday:

Great bulls! As the others said, that fleck is the showstopper

Lazy M said:
Great bulls! As the others said, that fleck is the showstopper

You will appreciate this. He reminds me of Gimli. Gimli had almost the same markings and was built like a tank. The guy who bought Gimli talk to me last week. He said he is an absolute brick. He is turning him out with his first cows.

I know you're looking mostly terminal on the fleck, but have you thought about retaining heifers? Would go well with an angus bull for a 3 way.

sim.-ang.king said:
I know you're looking mostly terminal on the fleck, but have you thought about retaining heifers? Would go well with an angus bull for a 3 way.

I will retain the very best heifers. Either for myself (if they retain the Hereford hair and don't eat too much extra feed) or for sale as open, or possibly bred, heifers. I don't know if I want to buy an Angus bull just to breed heifers that may or may not have a market as it would only be probably about 10 head a year at most. But I am two years away from even having to consider it.

Aaron said:
sim.-ang.king said:

I will retain the very best heifers. Either for myself (if they retain the Hereford hair and don't eat too much extra feed) or for sale as open, or possibly bred, heifers. I don't know if I want to buy an Angus bull just to breed heifers that may or may not have a market as it would only be probably about 10 head a year at most. But I am two years away from even having to consider it.
Ought to make nice heifers either way, and is going to make some nice steers.

Latest posts