GOT ROBBED

Help Support CattleToday:

jfont

Reaction score
Termites started eating up my barn, so I had the exterminaters come and spray. It took them about three hours to drill all the post and a few places in the tool room and outdoor kitchen thats on the north wing of the barn. Plenty of time for the trashy helper to make a mental inventory of all my tools. He came back a week later, when me and the family were fishing and stole dam near all my tools. The only reason he didn't take everything is probably cause he couldn't fit it in his car. I narrowed it down to him because he was the only stranger to see inside my tool room. Called the exterminater, told him what happened, and got his name. Gave his name to the police and waited. Called the exterminater back to see if he found out anything, he told me the helper had a used welding machine for sale and they were going to bust him selling it in two days. He gave me the description of the welder and it was mine, the only problem was he hadn't stole that yet. Is this guy bold or what! Called the cops back, told them he was planning on hitting me again within the next two days and that they needed to send someone watch my place. They called me back and told me they were short handed and couldn't come out. I had to take a day off work to sit at home with a shotgun to watch my own place, what do I pay taxes for ? Anyway they busted the guy the same day with some other stolen tools, he's in jail, I'm still whipped out cause he wont give up the buyer of my stuff, and my wifes getting an alarm system installed. Now I'm going to have to pay for this dumb a$$ the rest of my life.

Always gotta watch the trashy ones....I know you gotta be pretty mad still, but it could of been worse.

Ugh ~ I am sorry that happened to you! And you are right ~ these guys do have nerve, will go into peoples houses like it's their own. Look in the frig for something to eat, watch TV. I hear them talk in here. I cannot imagine such a thing.

I am glad you will be getting your tools back at least ~ so many never see their things again.

that just goes to show you that you have to watch everyone that comes on your place.that joker was bold trying to sell your welder fore he stole it.

angie":2to90lr7 said:
Ugh ~ I am sorry that happened to you! And you are right ~ these guys do have nerve, will go into peoples houses like it's their own. Look in the frig for something to eat, watch TV. I hear them talk in here. I cannot imagine such a thing.

I am glad you will be getting your tools back at least ~ so many never see their things again.
No, I'm not getting mine back, it was another mans he was caught with. I just as soon buy a lottery ticket then wait for them to find mine.

Very similar thing happened to us two years ago by a plumber. He and his helper installed a handicapped toilet in our master bedroom and when they left my new wrist watch and my wifes jewelry box and jewelry were gone. Tom :(

Sorry about your tools. Doesn't it just tee you off that the smug sob knows the ropes well enough to know he is better off keeping his mouth shut. He's not scared of the law or the punishment he is going to or not going to get. He's been there and done that several times before. Its times like this that you wish your name was Vinnie and belonged to a family that knew how to deal with vermin.

Good luck in getting your stuff back.

That is just despicable. Thieves are the worst. Thieves make it hard for honest folks. For several years I worked in peoples homes. I remember having arguments with some of my customers over this. For example. "I'm just gonna run to the post office and I'll be right back". I would have to go into my lecture mode. "Mam, you don't know me at all, and I'd hate for something to come up missing and you think I took it." Lady: "I know your not going to take anything". Me: "I appreciate that Mam and that is aw-full nice of you but I will have to leave if you leave." I worked for a company and just the idea of me stealing could get me fired.

This reminds me of home sitting when I was a kid. The neighbor would have me feed their parrot while they were away on vacation. It never occurred to me till just now how much trust he had riding on me. That parrot hated me too! :)

Walt

The guy that fixes our stove and frig, comes when we are gone. I just tell him we are not going to be home but he knows where the stuff is. I also leave a blank check on the kitchen table for him. Same with the guy that fixes our furnace. But you are right Walt ~ its best for you to leave, it protects you. Never thought of that. If something turned up missing I would never suspect Gene or Hoot. Of course if they cleaned the place out, we'd only be out about $25.

angie":sr4xr187 said:
The guy that fixes our stove and frig, comes when we are gone. I just tell him we are not going to be home but he knows where the stuff is. I also leave a blank check on the kitchen table for him. Same with the guy that fixes our furnace. But you are right Walt ~ its best for you to leave, it protects you. Never thought of that. If something turned up missing I would never suspect Gene or Hoot. Of course if they cleaned the place out, we'd only be out about $25.

You need to get a new stove and frig!

Walt :D

Txwalt":26pzxneu said:
You need to get a new stove and frig!

Walt :D
Thanks Walt ~ I will be sure to show this to my husband!! :nod:
Maybe he just needed a second opinion!

Jogeephus":rb4jyfcq said:
Sorry about your tools. Doesn't it just tee you off that the smug sob knows the ropes well enough to know he is better off keeping his mouth shut. He's not scared of the law or the punishment he is going to or not going to get. He's been there and done that several times before. Its times like this that you wish your name was Vinnie and belonged to a family that knew how to deal with vermin.

Good luck in getting your stuff back.
I was told he was busted before with a shed full of stolen items, so he got smarter? Now he just remembers who has what and when he has a sale for it, he goes steal it. As a repeat offender he may get up to 25 yrs. My luck he'll be out in 2.

jfont":1adrcagn said:
If not, I wonder what a carton a smokes will get you in the jailhouse :cowboy:
Save your money jfont. A pack will get you anything you want I am thinking.

So sorry to hear of your misfortune. Were you insured for the items stollen? these people today are so brasen, to put something up for sale before they have it what a cheek. Hope he gets 25 years and no parole. This has made me feel stomping mad.

Unless he was currently on parole, and this was a violation, he will never get 2 years. He will get time with time held over him ~ but not 2 years.

angie":2thz8y02 said:
Unless he was currently on parole, and this was a violation, he will never get 2 years. He will get time with time held over him ~ but not 2 years.
That's good news, cause he is currently on parole for theft. Just got out of jail a couple months ago.

jfont":f4goo5gq said:
angie":f4goo5gq said:
That's good news, cause he is currently on parole for theft. Just got out of jail a couple months ago.
Then yes, he will be serving some time. More than 2 years. I am not sure what the laws are in your state, but depending on what they determine the value of what he took to be, and the conditions of his parole (which surely included no re-offenses) ~ could be felony charges.

He was lucky to get a job, or the guy that hired him did not do a background check. When you have a company come out to your house in the future, it is something to ask about. Is not uncommon for companies to ask for it if they work in peoples homes.

"If" he goes to jail, it won't be for long. I've had it happen to me and I know what you're feeling. Really makes you want to do things that you would go to jail for...

All they will do with this p.o.s. is put him on probation and let him pay the probation fees. Crime and punishment is just another money game for government.

Latest posts