Got me a little worried.

Help Support CattleToday:

sim.-ang.king

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed how many police officers have come out after this last shooting, wanting to ban all ar's?
It's has me worried because a well armed police force, and disarmed citizen is just what you need for Communism to take over.
So now we have police, and politicians wanting to ban ar's and even the populist are starting to turn.
This country needs a lot of prayers, and a stronger desirer for freedom.

sim.-ang.king":3gguenix said:
Has anyone else noticed how many police officers have come out after this last shooting, wanting to ban all ar's?
It's has me worried because a well armed police force, and disarmed citizen is just what you need for Communism to take over.
So now we have police, and politicians wanting to ban ar's and even the populist are starting to turn.
This country needs a lot of prayers, and a stronger desirer for freedom.

We need Batman. Or maybe Fieldhand.

Seriously, You are doing a little bit of this. IMO.

We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are.
-Anais Nin

Here is what I think could be a huge issue. I will use my two 1911 handguns. Together, "used", they have a market value of $5 K. If they were banned, they would be worthless. Maybe not, if I were selling on a black market. Compensation for "assault type" firearms if they were banned and confiscated would get ugly.

Bright Raven":2gyzjhpx said:
Here is what I think could be a huge issue. I will use my two 1911 handguns. Together, "used", they have a market value of $5 K. If they were banned, they would be worthless. Maybe not, if I were selling on a black market. Compensation for "assault type" firearms if they were banned and confiscated would get ugly.

Where does assault weapon stop?
We whipped the world twice with a 1911 along with a Model 97 and 12 shotgun.

Caustic Burno":152acjwl said:
Bright Raven":152acjwl said:

The 22lr has done more killing than all the rest of the guns in the world, and least we forget a pair of box cutters killed more than 3000 people, in just 4 hours.

We whipped the world twice with a 1911 along with a Model 97 and 12 shotgun.[/quote]
The 22lr has done more killing than all the rest of the guns in the world, and least we forget a pair of box cutters killed more than 3000 people, in just 4 hours.[/quote]

moot point if you understand the agenda

Caustic Burno":3qs1inwq said:
Bright Raven":3qs1inwq said:

The parties use gun control as a political tool. Currently, the gun control politicians have the advantage. Republicans are in a no-win situation. If they do nothing, they stand to forfeit a large segment of the swing vote. If they go too far, they will suffer suicide at the hands of their own constituents. The midterms are tough on the party in power. The house and Senate are up for grabs.

This is a watershed issue. Someone has to come up with something to burn on the altar. I am surprised they don't simply approach it from a capacity angle. Simply say no firearm can be equipped to shoot more than 8 rounds with out changing clips. I don't think it will save any lives or make a difference but it might be the appropriate sacrifice.

Let me pose this question: Do any of you own a drone equipped with a CRUISE missile? How about a shoulder mounted rocket launcher? A Howitzer even? Anyone on here have anything like that? No? The reality is that any one of the folks on here that have giant arsenals are still no match for any 5-10 man SWAT unit showing up at your house. If you can get a bunch of your buddies to show up, say 15 even, one well manned A10 Warthog will take care of you. Any hint of insurrection by anyone in the US can, and will, be easily snuffed out due to the military's MASSIVE, and literal, ability to outgun even the best armed and trained backyard militia. So while having a couple of AR-15's in the closet might make you feel safer at night, the reality is that they won't do squat.

Now, before you all start declaring me to be a communist, gun hating, SOB, understand that I feel like the outlawing of one type of gun, or the outlawing of one group of citizens from owning guns, is a dangerous step of government overreach that, even though well intentioned, will lead to possible severe consequences unforeseen. I'm just pointing out that no matter what you have at your disposal, they will have bigger and better and you're not getting out alive.

And those of you that don't believe we're getting close to 1984, Brave New World, Wall-e etc, think again. Our society is becoming one in which complacency is the key to happiness and we're more and more content to watch others do, and sit back to be spoon fed "happiness" content.

Cheers! :wave:

I am a little worried also if the precedent is set by banning a particular type of firearm, then in theory it wouldn't be as hard to expand on a ban. I fear that we may well be in a time period where knee jerk reactions and the political pressure of them cloud reasonable well thought out understandings and solutions to the issues at hand. It is very unfortunate but if we were to try to eliminate all risks we would essentially all be captive to fear and regulations, and those that wished to do harm would still find a way.

Bestoutwest":uuiur4b6 said:
Let me pose this question: Do any of you own a drone equipped with a CRUISE missile? How about a shoulder mounted rocket launcher? A Howitzer even? Anyone on here have anything like that? No? The reality is that any one of the folks on here that have giant arsenals are still no match for any 5-10 man SWAT unit showing up at your house. If you can get a bunch of your buddies to show up, say 15 even, one well manned A10 Warthog will take care of you. Any hint of insurrection by anyone in the US can, and will, be easily snuffed out due to the military's MASSIVE, and literal, ability to outgun even the best armed and trained backyard militia. So while having a couple of AR-15's in the closet might make you feel safer at night, the reality is that they won't do squat.

Now, before you all start declaring me to be a communist, gun hating, SOB, understand that I feel like the outlawing of one type of gun, or the outlawing of one group of citizens from owning guns, is a dangerous step of government overreach that, even though well intentioned, will lead to possible severe consequences unforeseen. I'm just pointing out that no matter what you have at your disposal, they will have bigger and better and you're not getting out alive.

And those of you that don't believe we're getting close to 1984, Brave New World, Wall-e etc, think again. Our society is becoming one in which complacency is the key to happiness and we're more and more content to watch others do, and sit back to be spoon fed "happiness" content.

Talibama and al-whatever have held off the military for the last 15 years.

Bestoutwest":axh3pnk6 said:

Will an RPG destroy a tank? No, it doesn't have to - it just needs to be a credible enough threat to keep the crew buttoned up and a little nervous. You get the idea.

Craig Miller":9o49zd4w said:
Bestoutwest":9o49zd4w said:

Talibama and al-whatever have held off the military for the last 15 years.

This is true, but the Taliban was getting support from the US for years to fight to Soviets. They stockpiled those weapons, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were getting support from someone now. There's a lot to the whole adage "It's not the size of the dog in the fight...." but the reality still remains that a scenario such as a Taliban style group controlling a region of the US will never be allowed like they are in Afghanistan. Ruby Ridge, Waco prove that, and even the Oregon "stand-off" of a couple years ago would have gone the government's way had it gotten a bit rowdier.

shaz":9o49zd4w said:
Will an RPG destroy a tank? No, it doesn't have to - it just needs to be a credible enough threat to keep the crew buttoned up and a little nervous. You get the idea.

And who amongst this group has an RPG?

shaz":39j6c2q7 said:
Bestoutwest":39j6c2q7 said:

Death by a thousand pin pricks, has brought down even the most well equipped armies.
Japan had a chance to try, but they even knew the large number of armed citizens in this country was to much of a threat.
Read about how many hunting license were sold last year, to give you an idea of size.

sim.-ang.king":1wpi0ycf said:
Death by a thousand pin pricks, has brought down even the most well equipped armies.
Japan had a chance to try, but they even knew the large number of armed citizens in this country was to much of a threat.
Read about how many hunting license were sold last year, to give you an idea of size.

Statistics can be skewed. 36.82 million issued in 2017, according to this graph.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/253 ... in-the-us/

Here seems to be a better representation. About 15.5 million licenses issued.
https://wsfrprograms.fws.gov/subpages/l ... 202017.pdf

Ok, so how many of those went to kids? To individuals that would be useless in war, ie unable to move quickly? These are also tags, permits, and licenses. So how many of these numbers are one person getting multiple tags/permits? And finally, how many of the almost 37 million wouldn't be interested in the fight or would be in favor of the government's position? Using that statistic is misleading. Talking the US fighting against a common enemy like the Japanese in WWII and fighting against brethren, such as the Civil War, is apples and oranges. I'm not saying that we won't see another civil war, I just don't know that it's going to be over AR-15 style guns.

A pistol cant stop a shooter with a rifle. Its simple math which you wouldnt understand. This is what your up against. You just can't argue with this kind of logic

Seen plenty of AR 15's yesterday on the news at my grand daughters HS as it was in lockdown.
If don't get a handle on this we will end up loosing our civil liberties.

Anyone who thinks gun control laws work should take a look at Washington DC, NY, Chicago, and LA. Some of the strictest gun laws in the nation but they are probably the most violent places in the nation.

wacocowboy":2u6ev3ma said:
Anyone who thinks gun control laws work should take a look at Washington DC, NY, Chicago, and LA. Some of the strictest gun laws in the nation but they are probably the most violent places in the nation.

Doesn't matter this is an emotional issue.

wacocowboy":18wxek02 said:

It is a function of demographics not gun control. The concentrated population, drugs, poverty, etc. all play a role.

Latest posts