Got me a little worried.

Help Support CattleToday:

JSCATTLE":3mfb6gea said:
Lucky":3mfb6gea said:
Are you guys saying if the AR 15 is banned the US as we know it will fall? Holy smokes maybe I should go find mine and oil it up!! Pretty much the most useless rifle I own but that's just my opinion.
Not just the ar. That's where they will start and with any law they keep pushing to take more freedom from us. Eventually we have to fight back.
Once they actually take the guns what's stopping them from going door to door and raping or killing people. What's to stop a genocide type situation .

The narrative has already changed from "assault type" to "semi auto". That pretty well covers 90% of guns

Craig Miller":1aozvvns said:
JSCATTLE":1aozvvns said:
Lucky":1aozvvns said:
Are you guys saying if the AR 15 is banned the US as we know it will fall? Holy smokes maybe I should go find mine and oil it up!! Pretty much the most useless rifle I own but that's just my opinion.
Not just the ar. That's where they will start and with any law they keep pushing to take more freedom from us. Eventually we have to fight back.
Once they actually take the guns what's stopping them from going door to door and raping or killing people. What's to stop a genocide type situation .

The narrative has already changed from "assault type" to "semi auto". That pretty well covers 90% of guns
Pretty soon it will change to just "rifle", and then that will eat up the rest, and you will be left with just a 12ga to fend off the red coats.

HDRider":2gyys53s said:
Bestoutwest":2gyys53s said:
sim.-ang.king":2gyys53s said:
How many people in the military today would be willing to kill there own people?
That's the thing, it's not about how many, but the idea of the unknown that keeps everyone at bay. Be it the government, or the people. Neither one knows what the other is capable of, and that's the way it will stay until there is a great imbalance in favor of either side.
Removing any large number of rifles will create this imbalance

We all know what the government is capable of. And I'll say it again. 5, 10, even 100 farmers armed with a .30-.06 or even an AR-15, are not match for an armed, outfitted and well trained group of soldiers with the government behind them. They might take the day, but the week, month or the year long struggle will not be theirs. Rifles aren't even in the same class as what the government has available. Again, I'm not advocating for throwing down our arms and succumbing to the will of the government. I'm arguing that the stockpile of arms in your corner isn't going to squat when the government decides to rain down the fury.

Also, your first question is one I don't even want to think about. That's a very, very scary thought. It should keep one up at night.
Some give up too easy. Some don't ever give up.

And some blindly run into a fight guns blazing.

Bestoutwest":34l2icxm said:
HDRider":34l2icxm said:
Bestoutwest":34l2icxm said:
We all know what the government is capable of. And I'll say it again. 5, 10, even 100 farmers armed with a .30-.06 or even an AR-15, are not match for an armed, outfitted and well trained group of soldiers with the government behind them. They might take the day, but the week, month or the year long struggle will not be theirs. Rifles aren't even in the same class as what the government has available. Again, I'm not advocating for throwing down our arms and succumbing to the will of the government. I'm arguing that the stockpile of arms in your corner isn't going to squat when the government decides to rain down the fury.

Also, your first question is one I don't even want to think about. That's a very, very scary thought. It should keep one up at night.
Some give up too easy. Some don't ever give up.

And some blindly run into a fight guns blazing.
Not running away from a fight is not running into a fight.

And some Minute Men at Concord and Lexington didn't stand a chance against the British army. But it is pretty amazing how that worked out. At Ruby Ridge the government took out a single family. But that little confrontation with the Bundys in Nevada the government backed down. I think if it comes down to it the out come will depend on how many men are willing to stand armed on the bridge. As the founding father's are quoted to have said, "We will hang together or surely we will hand separately." The Hungarian revolution in the mid 50's they held off the Russian army with sticks, rocks, and Molitoff cocktails. We are way better armed than the Hungarians were.

Craig Miller":3lfb3h3d said:
JSCATTLE":3lfb3h3d said:
Lucky":3lfb3h3d said:

Isn't that what you guys wanted?? Been hearing so many times you folks screaming "It's not an assault rifle". They finally get it right and you immediately think it's a conspiracy.

TexasBred":268q4y1k said:
Craig Miller":268q4y1k said:
JSCATTLE":268q4y1k said:

Isn't that what you guys wanted?? Been hearing so many times you folks screaming "It's not an assault rifle". They finally get it right and you immediately think it's a conspiracy.

That's because it is a conspiracy

TexasBred":3r50s0g2 said:
JSCATTLE":3r50s0g2 said:
TexasBred":3r50s0g2 said:
What do you do with that tank or A-10 once you run out of bullets?? Park it?? Finding ammo for your AR-15 might be a bit easier but no way in he// you would win the war. A well trained, well organized military is a force to behold and you don't want to ever have to confront it.
So we should just give up before we start ? Or die fighting for what we believe in ? History seems to repeat it's self. We don't know who the next Hitler is gonna be. But I know I'd rather die by a bullet then being tortured to death.
Just pointing out that a small time insurrection seldom is successful especially when you're declaring war on the best army in the world and you've chosen an Abram tank or an A-10 plane as your weapon of choice. You're little more than cannon fodder and a small pest. If you don't like the idea of torture you might consider suicide after you realize "I've f _ _ _ ed up!!!!
Yet there are several historical wars that have been fought by guerilla fighters that pretty much defeated the world's greatest army. Vietnam desert storm isis . Sure didn't kick the crap out of any of those. Not to mention it wouldn't take long for the government's forces to go awol after being ordered to kill their friends and family . But I'm still too young to stick my head in the sand and my ass in the air and take a ****in .

JSCATTLE":2gxcnf6f said:
TexasBred":2gxcnf6f said:
JSCATTLE":2gxcnf6f said:
So we should just give up before we start ? Or die fighting for what we believe in ? History seems to repeat it's self. We don't know who the next Hitler is gonna be. But I know I'd rather die by a bullet then being tortured to death.
Just pointing out that a small time insurrection seldom is successful especially when you're declaring war on the best army in the world and you've chosen an Abram tank or an A-10 plane as your weapon of choice. You're little more than cannon fodder and a small pest. If you don't like the idea of torture you might consider suicide after you realize "I've f _ _ _ ed up!!!!

Yet there are several historical wars that have been fought by guerilla fighters that pretty much defeated the world's greatest army. Vietnam desert storm isis . Sure didn't kick the crap out of any of those. Not to mention it wouldn't take long for the government's forces to go awol after being ordered to kill their friends and family . But I'm still too young to stick my head in the sand and my be nice in the air and take a be nice .

ISIS has lost control of almost all of it's territory. It was a matter of time before it happened. Desert Storm was a stalemate because Saddam backed down, but it was army against army not guerilla fighting. Iraqi Freedom destroyed Iraq and allowed for ISIS to move in. Syria is still in perpetual civil war with citizens being gassed and bombed with the "lucky" ones ending up displaced to neighboring countries at an alarming rate. South Sudan is the world's newest country and is destitute. Vietnam had a 3,000 year history of expelling countries and didn't care who led them as long as it wasn't an outside force. The Communists used that attitude to manipulate their way into power, where they remain today.

Caustic Burno":3dsb2nzr said:
Seen plenty of AR 15's yesterday on the news at my grand daughters HS as it was in lockdown.
If don't get a handle on this we will end up loosing our civil liberties.
Must've been at that school in Texas yesterday where the teacher locked himself in his schoolroom and was shooting his pistol.

JSCATTLE":2ojiq452 said:
TexasBred":2ojiq452 said:
JSCATTLE":2ojiq452 said:
Yet there are several historical wars that have been fought by guerilla fighters that pretty much defeated the world's greatest army. Vietnam desert storm isis . Sure didn't kick the crap out of any of those. Not to mention it wouldn't take long for the government's forces to go awol after being ordered to kill their friends and family . But I'm still too young to stick my head in the sand and my be nice in the air and take a be nice .
Yeah boy. Saw how that worked in the american civil war. 600,000+ killed. Millions maimed for life.

A little farfetched, maybe , I have considered the subject over the years . What some don't understand is it would take civilian support to carry out the military mission , the military doesn't have refineries, etc on and on. Actual combat troops make up a very small percentage , the rest are support , who only fire a rifle once a year, not much help there . And , no an rpg can't destroy a tank, but it can blow the track off, rendering it immobile. An A-10 can't fly without spare parts or fuel. I wouldn't count on a reliable logistics chain. This is interesting to me, because I was actually proposed this question when I was in, by a 1st lt. "What would I do if I was ordered to participate in a confiscation "? My response "that would be an unlawful order and I would have to shoot you sir"

Mahatma Gandhi defeated the British Empire while unarmed and with followers who were also unarmed.

There needs to be something done to stop the killing of innocent people. Many see the control of guns as a means to this end. I do not think this will help, as there is social issues at the heart of the problem.

Also if the army can not fight due to fuel issues, then you could bet that the populous would be suffering the same of worse fate. Look at the UK. Snow and supermarket shelves are empty :shock: why? Most people today live on a system that requires just in time replenishment. As soon as there is a small glitch the system falls apart. I would not want to be any where a near to even small town that is hungry. Breakdown of society would be very bad for every one. There would be no winners.

snoopdog":36i8p0g8 said:
A little farfetched, maybe , I have considered the subject over the years . What some don't understand is it would take civilian support to carry out the military mission , the military doesn't have refineries, etc on and on. Actual combat troops make up a very small percentage , the rest are support , who only fire a rifle once a year, not much help there . And , no an rpg can't destroy a tank, but it can blow the track off, rendering it immobile. An A-10 can't fly without spare parts or fuel. I wouldn't count on a reliable logistics chain. This is interesting to me, because I was actually proposed this question when I was in, by a 1st lt. "What would I do if I was ordered to participate in a confiscation "? My response "that would be an unlawful order and I would have to shoot you sir"

All the refineries fall under PADD.
The government also had oil fields drilled and tapped waiting for a national emergency.

Caustic Burno":3razwfzd said:
snoopdog":3razwfzd said:

All the refineries fall under PADD.
The government also had oil fields drilled and tapped waiting for a national emergency.
I realize that CB, but my point with the refinery comment was more along engineering support etc, military personnel are not capable enough to run a refinery day to day. Not to mention any other number of manufacturing or shipping entities .

Latest posts