Got hurt by bull!

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":2brc8roh said:
kenny thomas":2brc8roh said:
Had to break down and go to the Dr. today. A place in my right chest just was not getting better. The Dr. said the bull had bruised the bone and would take a while to get better. Sure glad I don't have to feed square bales, don't think I could lift them. Sure don't heal like I did when I was younger.
A couple of years ago I got pounded by a cow, took a year for the bruised kidney, liver and assorted internal brusise to clear up.

I got run down and pounded by a cow (not one of mine) on 30 September and I'm still walking with a limp. Got stepped on my back, arm and right foot, mostly just badly bruised, but I'm sure I have either dislocated or broken a few of the smaller bones in my right foot, never went to a doctor to find out the extent of the damage.

KNERSIE":2b16p2m8 said:
dun":2b16p2m8 said:
kenny thomas":2b16p2m8 said:
Had to break down and go to the Dr. today. A place in my right chest just was not getting better. The Dr. said the bull had bruised the bone and would take a while to get better. Sure glad I don't have to feed square bales, don't think I could lift them. Sure don't heal like I did when I was younger.
A couple of years ago I got pounded by a cow, took a year for the bruised kidney, liver and assorted internal brusise to clear up.

I got run down and pounded by a cow (not one of mine) on 30 September and I'm still walking with a limp. Got stepped on my back, arm and right foot, mostly just badly bruised, but I'm sure I have either dislocated or broken a few of the smaller bones in my right foot, never went to a doctor to find out the extent of the damage.
I waited about 7-8 months before I went to the doc because I felt so crappy and had a lot of internal aches and pains. The docs one pearl of wisdon is "Remember they're bigger and stronger then you are" Well DAH

Couple years ago I had one though he would see if I could fly......I can't... :roll: Strange what all you think of in the few seconds while you are in the air and before you hit the gournd. :nod:

1982vett":3eih3doj said:
Couple years ago I had one though he would see if I could fly......I can't... :roll: Strange what all you think of in the few seconds while you are in the air and before you hit the gournd. :nod:

I found that I'm OK with the flying, its the landing that hurts.

About 27 years ago I took a tumble off of a 7 foot scaffold. Couldn't fly then either. Guess I'm a slow learner. :) Knersie, you are right about it being OK until the ground shows up. :lol2:

dun":3bokajpb said:
The docs one pearl of wisdon is "Remember they're bigger and stronger then you are" Well DAH

Was he talking about the cow or your first wife?!

cfpinz":2y1tjomt said:
dun":2y1tjomt said:
The docs one pearl of wisdon is "Remember they're bigger and stronger then you are" Well DAH

Was he talking about the cow or your first wife?!
The bigger and stronger was the cows, meaner would have been the ex.

kenny thomas said:
One roll was not unrolling like I wanted so I was helping it. A 1900lb Simmy bull decided he would butt the roll, rolling it over me and then he gave me a couple of butts to the thigh and the back of the head. /quote]

I think a roll is just a big toy for bulls. I tried to unroll a couple of straw bales this fall by hand and the bull would get on the other side and push back... Since he was a yearling and I played guard it was a stand off, but I decided to quit after the second roll just in case he called an audible. ;-)

My hip still pops out after a whole year, also had cracked ribs and a cracked vertebrae from a LH bull. He has been eaten by now.

Glad you faired well!!! :tiphat:

My bull likes to head butt and once he butted me around until he had me pinned next to my truck. I had my daughter toss me a big stick, and I adjusted him. To this day, when I go in with him, I keep fencing pliers in my pocket, and when he starts to get frisky, I tap that knot on the top of his head with them, and remind him that being whacked smarts, and he always backs off. I'm knocking on wood right now, hoping that he remembers the lesson because in the morning, I'm going in to separate one out that I've got sold.

I feel the pain of those with the broken hand, mine was July 15, 2007. Hitting a $500 11 yr old cow cost me $2500. I use the sorting stick religiously now.

Latest posts