Freezer Beef a 2 Year Old Bull ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
I have a heifer bull that I would like to butcher. He is high select, 28 months old, and has started to develop some shoulders and a hump.
Anything to consider other than the roasts being a little tougher?
Any other cutting or cooking tips ?

Beffore they actully do the cutting, trim off a couple of steaks and give them a try. See if they are tender enough to eat pleasuerably. If not, grind the whole thing. It will probably be the best tasting burger you've ever had.

We're finishing up a 30 month old 3/4 shorthorn bull.. you can cut the steaks with your fork.. I have no regrets in putting him in my freezer... Oh.. and he was MEAN.

We are close to finishing a 26 month old bull butchered in Feb, straight from winter pasture(hay fed) no grain finish. We had him mostly ground, but had traditional steak cuts, a chuck, rib and round roast, and stew meat. My wife did a great job slow cooking the steaks, roast and stew meat in crock pot. Was fork tender and dang good but took all day slow cooking. Ground meat was lean and tasted great in everything except hamburger helper. We don't eat that often but for some reason the hamburger helper just didn't taste the same. We never tried grilling the steaks, I am sure it would have been tough as he77.

Latest posts