Got a question?

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy13":1sus2lm7 said:
Same trailer 12,000 to 14,000

Unless the used trailer was in almost new condition, I wouldn't pay $10k for it if I could get a brand new one for $12k. In past markets, that difference could buy you 3-4 more cows, but not with prices like they are today. There are also no dealers around here with aluminum trailers for that price! JMO.

cowboy13":3q6woexh said:
Same trailer 12,000 to 14,000

I would like to know where these new 24ft Sooner trailer's for that price are at too. I've been looking and the only new trailer's that I can find for that price are 16 footer's. All the 24 footer's that I have priced have been up in the $20,000 plus range with tack, no living quarter's. I have seen some with living quarter's from $30,000. and on up. But all I need is a stock trailer with tack.

cowboy13":37h6qaub said:
We just thought we would stop at this local trailer place and ended up being such a good deal that we couldn't pass it up.

So what's the name of the place?

We bought a registerd simmental heifer a few months ago for my daughter that was a fall calf. We paid $1000. for it. I thought that was expensive. We have some kids in the FFA paying in the thousands. One has done ok made the reserves but I think he may have made his money on what he paid but that was it. Crazy isnt it. All the judges think differantly. You just never know from one show to the next who will win. I think the blow and shows are good. They let you see more of what kind of calf you really have. I hate it when the parents do all the prep work while the kids stands around and watches or is not even near. What is that teaching them. My daughter has to do the work herself or the Ag teacher helps. We are looking to bred this heifer with another reg. simmental this winter. Any advice you all have? Were new at it.

What are your heifers bloodlines? I'm assuming you're going to AI bred her? You can PM me if you'd like and I can make a couple of suggestions based on her bloodlines, and what you'd like to bred for.

Latest posts