Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cow Family
1.) 11 year old cow
IMG_2010-1.jpg

2.) Her daughter
IMG_2013-1.jpg

3.) Granddaughter
IMG_2004-1.jpg

4.) Great-Granddaughter (out of cow above)
IMG_0832-1.jpg

1.) Old cow- She is a Leachman B C Emulation M03A x J O Evolution 762
2.) Daughter - Out of AVF Really Windy 0022 - this is a bull we would have never used if our bull seller wouldn't have "made" us. He had some buyers who specifically wanted calves out of this bull.
3.) Grand daughter- MM Futures Right 704 x Blackrose N Trend P499 - Same as above with this pedigree, this bull wouldn't have been used if it wasn't specifically asked for.
4.) Heifer - Out of Connealy Industry.

Are you pleased with the suggestions that your bull seller made? They look to me to be grass converters with all that middle.

Baldie Maker":13kzue0m said:
Are you pleased with the suggestions that your bull seller made? They look to me to be grass converters with all that middle.
On this cow family, it was an ok breeding. They are a little flat muscled in the rear quarter, and with the Angus breed, I think that trait is hard to get put back on. On our other Angus cows, those bulls were either hit or miss - and if they missed, it was a train wreck.

The #61 cow made a difference in the EPD's. I like her body mass the best. She reminds me of my cow, "Ida." They do not have the exact same breeding, but criss-cross as most Angus do. I will enjoy going over the pedigrees now that I have more time.
I do appreciate you taking time to post them.
Chuckie

Where abouts are ya ll located? I like the looks of your cattle, but also your corral and that lush grass. I would like some trees, but curious as to know where your at. If you are interested I posted a where to have a ranch post in the beginner section if you have any ideas for good places to start a ranch. Also what kind of camera did you get?

wrightwayangus":auu5ebyc said:
Where abouts are ya ll located? I like the looks of your cattle, but also your corral and that lush grass. I would like some trees, but curious as to know where your at. If you are interested I posted a where to have a ranch post in the beginner section if you have any ideas for good places to start a ranch. Also what kind of camera did you get?
The cows are in Nebraska and in Minnesota. Where they're at in MN, land is going for $8,000-$10,000/acre right now because of the high corn prices. In NE, land is between $3,000 (pasture ground) - $7,000 for tillable crop ground. Not a good time to be buying up land around here unless you have a lot of $$ to burn. The camera is a Canon t3i. My photographer friend (who also takes a lot of cow pictures for ranches) told me it's more in the lens than the camera. So I also bought a middle of the road 50-250 mm lens, the best lenses run pretty expensive.

I am not a great fan of Tarentaise cattle; but the 710 cow is just about as close to ideal phenotypically as a real cow can get.

Brandonm22":36z4ztdi said:
I am not a great fan of Tarentaise cattle; but the 710 cow is just about as close to ideal phenotypically as a real cow can get.
Just for curiosity's sake, what about them do you not like?

Latest posts