Good Weed Control Publication

Help Support CattleToday:

That is a great publication, and thanks for posting. I don't mind admitting when I don't know something. What do they mean when they say a 1% solution or something? Are they saying 1 gallon to 100 gallons of water? I deal with ounces/pints/quarts to the acre. Would 1.28 ounces of tordon in a gallon of water be a 1% solution? I just don't know exactly what they mean

Also, they say light mineral oil for a basal bark treatment. I've used diesal. They talking about the same stuff I oil a horse with?

Bigfoot":7fkfzboz said:
Also, they say light mineral oil for a basal bark treatment. I've used diesal. They talking about the same stuff I oil a horse with?

Cup of coffee bet says they are referring to the light mineral oil you can purchase from the big boxes. There are several brands for natural wood finishes. The kind of oil you would use to clean a big wooden salad bowl.

Bigfoot":1rmve8qg said:
That is a great publication, and thanks for posting. I don't mind admitting when I don't know something. What do they mean when they say a 1% solution or something? Are they saying 1 gallon to 100 gallons of water? I deal with ounces/pints/quarts to the acre. Would 1.28 ounces of tordon in a gallon of water be a 1% solution? I just don't know exactly what they mean

Yes, ,1 gallon to 100 gallons water. 1 quart to 25 etc. One percent.

Bigfoot":1rmve8qg said:

Continue using diesel

1 gallon of herbicide in 100 gallons of water = 1% solution. If this is applied at 25 gal/acre (as recommended in publication) it is applying
1 qt/acre.

Latest posts