Good Hay Crop (Pics Added)

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
Just left a hayfield that is almost exactly one section. The guy told me he just rolled up 3800 bales in it and from the looks I believe it. Do the math. (Coincidentially, they're 5 1/2 X 5 bales)

I'll put up pics tomorrow.

dang id love to bale a meadow like that an get 5.5 bales to the ac.thatas what you call making hay.

MikeC":2svjjawn said:
Just left a hayfield that is almost exactly one section. The guy told me he just rolled up 3800 bales in it and from the looks I believe it. Do the math. (Coincidentially, they're 5 1/2 X 5 bales)

I'll put up pics tomorrow.

I will be feeding hay in a few weeks if we don't get rain soon, I am probally going to sell all my pairs, they are still bringing good money for now.

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

That's a beautiful sight. Nothing quite like bales of hay in a field. :)

Looks like the grass will be ready to cut again by the time he gets the bales picked up. :lol2:

That's a heck of a hay field. I don't envy him having to move it all and from the looks of the oncoming grass he best get on the move.

bncsimps":ok2lhoj6 said:
Where in AL is this bumper crop of hay? Good gosh!!!!!

Just west of Montgomery. Matter of fact, it's in the Montgomery city limits.

He's been offered $200,000.00 for the whole field of hay, depending on the test results, but kind of iffy about it thinking he may not get another cutting. No rain in the last 3 weeks.......................

the guy has $100,000 just in baling alone.an 80 tons of fert at $48000.so he would barely be making $50,000.

Mike with no rain it is looking like another dry year but that snould be enough to hold you through the summer.

Latest posts