Gonna shoot me an Angus Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

hooknline":1kmn6vcy said:
:shock: you tried to head it off on foot? hope your ankles ok,

Truth is I would own another horse for nuthin. However this time I might have to borrow one to get it done cuz he ain't gonna be worked easy. He has gone from a real easy going bull to an a$$hole in one month.

MistyMorning":2rra776b said:
3waycross":2rra776b said:
No darlin I am just my normal sweet self! But thanks for asking. I MAY be crabby tho when the Vicodin run out! :cowboy:

Do yourself a favor and toss out that vicodin, it's a wussy drug. Pick up some percocet, may not kill the pain, but you sure as shyte won't care! Besides your wife might like you better on it and be more inclined to wait on you hand and foot. :nod: :D

Well it would have to be better than she likes me on Jack...that's for sure

Angus Cowman":2wy0bedk said:
Vic
I think I am having sympathy pains for you as my ankle has hurt all day

AC I have no pain. I spent the last hour with my friend Jack and we got it all worked out. It may look like a baloon but it don't hurt much now.

Hope your ankle feels better. With that rich diet you Mo, folks eat don't discount the possibility of little gout there big fella.

Sorry about your ankle. There's nothing worse than someone that's used to being on their feet getting lamed up. It changes everything about life.

As for the bull, see if you can get close enough with a nimble tractor and get a rope on one hind leg above the hock. Every time he thinks he wants to get away or come after you just take his leg away and he'll lose all his power. As long as he's doing what you want just let him walk. About the third time you sit him down on his butt he'll get really complacent ;-) If they're really bad you run the risk of stiffling them but it sounds like you're ready to get rid of him anyway.
I've always done it from a horse but I don't see why it wouldn't work from a tractor as long as you have a rollbar or something to dally on. Just DON'T do it if there are other bulls around or you wind up tied to the losing end of a bullfight.
I've seen bulls that had that done a few times and all you had to do was swing a rope at them and they'd settle down and do what you wanted.

Well darn 3way , that sounds just terrible. :( Sorry I didn't respond sooner as I have had my own shyttt pile here to deal with :mad:

Sounds like you need a good dog, send a plane ticket and I will lend you Nikki to do the job. Hubby and I as her handlers, will of course need to come along as well. ;-) Could sure use an excuse to get away .

I hope you got him back where he belongs , not going to give you any advice as I am more than sure you have or are doing everything that we can come up with.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and stay SAFE . :tiphat:

Sorry to hear about your ankle. I had a charolis bull one time that would rather fight than spend time with the cows . He tore down a fence fighting with the neighbors charolis bull. When I found him in the next pasture I ran him so hard with my horse that after about 30 min he went and stood by the gate . I sold him the next week.

THE FUGITIVES HAVE BEEN CAPTURED

Apparently once a cake hore always a cake hore. I caught them with 30yds of the gate and after watching the rest of the cows eat cake for 15 minutes they couldn't stand it and came running thru the gate. Unfortunately I picked up ANOTHER one of the neighbors stockers in the process. That's OK I will sort them off soon.

Forgot to mention the ankle is starting to turn some real neat colors. It does just finally fit into my boot though......... :cowboy:

breadeaters we call em here...good for you..when ya gonna post up some pics of the nakle man....them sprains aint never the same..id have tried the hot cow but food is the next best thing to .....well ya know....lovins :banana: :banana:

3waycross":2l2lqngw said:
THE FUGITIVES HAVE BEEN CAPTURED

Apparently once a cake hore always a cake hore. I caught them with 30yds of the gate and after watching the rest of the cows eat cake for 15 minutes they couldn't stand it and came running thru the gate. Unfortunately I picked up ANOTHER one of the neighbors stockers in the process. That's OK I will sort them off soon.

Forgot to mention the ankle is starting to turn some real neat colors. It does just finally fit into my boot though......... :cowboy:

Glad you captured him,3way.He prolly was just being BULLheaded.
Hope your ankle heals quick.

Cal

3way...Sorry if this is a bit late....hope you're recovering. Has it turned that baby grunt green/yellow yet? or is it still pretty purple?
I'd have shot it myself & savored the results/revenge.
J

It's all good. Still swollen and some nice colors but it fits into my boot again. I decided to let him live out the summer and then he gets it.

3waycross":e62a46p7 said:
It's all good. Still swollen and some nice colors but it fits into my boot again. I decided to let him live out the summer and then he gets it.

You aint getting soft on us are ya? Glad your foot is getting better.

Latest posts