Gonna shoot me an Angus Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
That no good dirty sunofablackcap sow is on the neighbors and I cannot get him back thru the gate. I have tried 3 nights in a row and still can't get him to go where he needs to be.

Tonight was the topper I sorted him out of about 10 of the stockers in the next place and my son and I had him going real good but about 60yds from the gate he makes a run for it and I just about had him headed off when I stpped on something and heard ligaments tearing in my right ankle. I then proceded to run another 50 or so feet with my nose off the ground about 6 inches.

Funny how time slows down when yer havin fun. I remember distinctly having this conversation with myself about how if I could go just a little furtherI could maybe get my legs under me and then suddenly realized that I was actually kidding myself and since I was already that close to the ground I may as well just go ahead and fall.
I do remember distinctly looking around as I was rolling to make sure that BLACK SATAN as he will henceforth be know had not reversed course to grind me into the dirt a little. He however was about 100 yards away hiding behind some willows and bellering at me for all he was worth.

So here's the deal I have this black sob for sale, the good news is that he need not leave here alive, I am more than willing to sell the shooting right on his sorry black butt , and for not much money. Chances are he will come home feet first anyway.

OH OH.... :shock:

Sure hope your ankle isn't too screwed up! :mad:

Apparently he thinks the grass IS greener on the other side eh?

Ok, I'm gonna help you out. The one sure way to get your bull back home alive is to make sure your son is videoing tomorrow night when you bust your azz. :lol: please post to YouTube. :D

LazyARanch":2e9y6ya1 said:

On a serious note I do hope you didn't tear ligaments in your ankle. I tore ligaments in my wrist and it took years to be right again. Let us know how it turns out.

3way just do what hubby's granddad did, head and heel the sob with a tractor and horse and castrate the sob. never had trouble with the neighbors keeping their bull home. I know he's yours so that is a suggestion.
Hope your ankle is not fubar'd too badly.

Oooh I hope it isn't your achilles. Heaps of healing hhhhhmmmssssss.

I don't run after our herd. If they can outrun you, you have lost from the start. So horse or quad for me.

Suzie Q":2lzn3o9g said:
Oooh I hope it isn't your achilles. Heaps of healing hhhhhmmmssssss.

I don't run after our herd. If they can outrun you, you have lost from the start. So horse or quad for me.
Suzie is sure right on this.
That is what sitting and waiting was invented for.

Yikes! Hope the ankle isn't torn up! I am still dealing with the "knee" thing from first of April, not fun and really screws up plans to get things done. Good luck on getting that bull where he needs to go. :tiphat:

Red Bull Breeder":142e1m0x said:
Just do yourself a little bird hunting 3way. ;-) Might want use turkey loads.

Now you're talkin. However I was thinking more like a 300 Win Mag. The freakin ankle is about 2X's normal size this morning and sore as he[[.

MistyMorning":2si5j13h said:
3waycross":2si5j13h said:
I just about had him headed off

Vic, that right there was your point of no return........

No safety award for you this week!

So are you crabby? :hide:

No darlin I am just my normal sweet self! But thanks for asking. I MAY be crabby tho when the Vicodin run out! :cowboy:

LazyARanch":x21luy11 said:

probably was something froze up,,, my body make noises it didnt use too when in flight :cowboy:

I don't think your bull realizes that even Lassie will bite if you mess with her enough. I think the 300 will explain it to him quite well.

Is this the same one that keeps jumping fences and is at risk of getting on the highway?

Jogeephus":1os2v38n said:
I don't think your bull realizes that even Lassie will bite if you mess with her enough. I think the 300 will explain it to him quite well.

I didn't draw an elk license this year so he may be in those crosshairs real soon

Is this the same one that keeps jumping fences and is at risk of getting on the highway?

Yes that's the same PITA

Sorry to hear about all the trouble and especially the injury. Take it easy a while and let yourself mend. In the meantime not a thing you can do about your son laughing everytime he sees you. :lol2:

3waycross":yt9ug5ro said:
No darlin I am just my normal sweet self! But thanks for asking. I MAY be crabby tho when the Vicodin run out! :cowboy:

Do yourself a favor and toss out that vicodin, it's a wussy drug. Pick up some percocet, may not kill the pain, but you sure as shyte won't care! Besides your wife might like you better on it and be more inclined to wait on you hand and foot. :nod: :D

Latest posts