Going to the Aution

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
Boss Lady needs to make HER truck Payment, send for a out of state hunting license. :shock: :clap:

So :D I'm taking two old late calvers, just pulled their calves off, and 4 Summer bull calves.

Maybe She will have enough $ left to take Me out to dinner or something. :clap: :cboy:

Good luck!

Don't you know whats hers is hers and whats yours is hers?

I get that look from my wife everytime we sell calves. She picks the check up from the stockyard for me. By the time I get home, she's already opened the check and calculated "her" part. :(

taking 6hd to the sale.id hope boss lady has enough left after paying her bills to take you out.an who is going hunting you or her or both.

Dinner and a show. Grilled cheese sandwich at the sale barn. Great tradition. The only place left in Cleburne where you can sit indoors and smoke. I guess the animal rights folks have not yet become worried about second hand smoke.

Was a BIG sale. got 99. for the bull calves 672 pounds.

Cypress, Didn't wait for the cows to sell, :roll: So the boss will get the mail before I get home on Friday. :( So I'll not see the check. :help:

Bigbull, I'm the 1 that has to go hunting, but it's my responsibility for keeping the freezer full of meat. :lol: 8)

Oscar, My Boss seems to be on top of things. :cry2: :D

Lammie, Yeah they do serve purty good meals at the barn. 8) To bad the Boss is busy with her Job or She could buy me lunch. Oh and Minnesota has a smoking ban. :shock: 1st time at the sale after the ban, wonder how all those heavy smokers would comply. :cowboy: Not 1 person lit up. :shock: :shock: :eek:

We took 4 yesterday 2 culls and 2 bred heifers.Took another today a 1000lb 16month old steer.Why you ask that I still had him when all we keep is seed stock???????The little bugger is sooo spooky that every time we would sort for just this occasion he would take off.I got smarter than him today though ;-) .AND when we put him in the trailer which he walked right into as soon as we open the door, he laid down. :eek: I guess he knew he was done here.

Everything will go back into the company ,my husband and I share everything 50/50.I hope we get a fair price.

mnmtranching":2g96ptk8 said:
Bigbull, I'm the 1 that has to go hunting, but it's my responsibility for keeping the freezer full of meat. :lol: 8)

Oh and Minnesota has a smoking ban. :shock: 1st time at the sale after the ban, wonder how all those heavy smokers would comply. :cowboy: Not 1 person lit up. :shock: :shock: :eek:

Mnmt ~ is good to know that you take your "freezer filling" responsibilities so seriously! We have paid well over $100/lb for Canadian walleye, ND pheasant and SD goose by the time the trip is paid for ~ I always say we should have gone to store and bought it. For reasons beyond me, that is not an acceptable option. :roll:
Is all good enough I suppose.

No one at the auction I go to respects smoking ban. In the dining area ~ yes. But not around the ring.

Angie I think we could enjoy prime rib purty often for what the hunting trips cost. but :? :?

mnmtranching":3pj9ls63 said:
Angie I think we could enjoy prime rib purty often for what the hunting trips cost. but :? :?
I understand ~ "that is not the point" ~ yes?

I also take filling the freezer very seriously! That is my job! I love it!

Seems like around here the auction barn is one of the ONLY inside places people still smoke. That's about the only thing I hate about going to the auction barn. I try to stay away from the smokers but sometimes it looks like a fog in there.

as far as i know you can still smoke watching the cattle go through the ring as well.now i dont know about the cafe.since i quit going in there when the good cook left.i always sitt on the smokers side of the ring.i only know of 1 guy that chewed tabbacco.an they got on him real strongly for spitting on the floor.told him to use a spitt can or dont come back.

Latest posts