Global Warming II

Help Support CattleToday:

I'll check the sites out CRR. I've been interested in this theory for over a year though and have researched it a little. I'll get back to you in a pm. Hope all is well with you. You do a little sketpical research yourself and I think you'll agree with me.I have to run for now though. Catch you later.

ollie?":2qyjntmz said:
I think I read on their site CRR that 17,000 scientists (2000 of them related to this field) had signed the petition.) Because you are a farmer, is your observation more valid than their data?

We already hashed this over in the earlier thread. But, it you insist......

If you would have read your own source more carefully, you would have noticed that the petition had more to do with the political upshot of global warming (criticism of the Kyoto Protocol) than it does with anything else. The petition does nothing to assess the supposed "data" that you mention.

Among the many flaws on that petition, the most telling is that there are a minuscule number of climatologist signatures. Many of the signatures are bogus, and those that do come from scientists generally come from researchers whose field is not climatology.

Do a little digging and find out who funds the OISM.

So, ollie, now we've learned that you don't believe in:

1. Evolution - a foundational theory of biology
2. Plate tectonics - a foundational theory of geology
3. Anthropogenic global warming - the clear, current consensus

Any other "stupid theories" you'd like to debunk with your vast scientific knowledge?

Gravity?
Thermodynamics?
Spherical Planet?

Man a live, you people are all full of it. The earth is flat, the Bible says so somewhere, It states that they came from the fiur corners of the earth, therefore it has to be flat to have corners. Spheres are round. :lol: :lol: :lol:

post deleted by me.

It was supposed to be a joke in response to Dun's Dinosaur Fart Theory - but it could be misinterpreted as a religion thing - and I don't want to be responsible for locking this thread!

Isn't there supposed to be a "delete" button when you go into edit?

take it and run with it. given the inch they run a mile.its all coming together regardless.. theres no stopping a freight train. whether it happens man made or otherwise. its like prego.... its all in there

Gentlemen, ladies, and those that are both, I'll be glad to debate any of these issues. If you insist to bring religion into the argument, I'm sure the moderators will lock the thread. I guess that would suit you since you havn't brought any information whatsoever. Badaxe do you believe in the laws of thermodynamics?

ollie?":2ueu6ba2 said:
Gentlemen, ladies, and those that are both, I'll be glad to debate any of these issues. If you insist to bring religion into the argument, I'm sure the moderators will lock the thread. I guess that would suit you since you havn't brought any information whatsoever. Badaxe do you believe in the laws of thermodynamics?

I think its important to debate the issue without getting into attacking a person's character. In my world, Science and Religion fit quite well together. Its not for everybody, but it works for me. So, far be it for me to criticize another's belief system.
Anyway, I think we were discussing Global Warming and my point is still as it was. I like the weather the way it is, and if there is even a chance that this global climate change is being caused by our actions, we should at least be trying to pause and take a very close look at it instead of just closing our eyes and forging on ahead and pretend everything is okay.

backhoeboogie":3fokmqbp said:
ollie?":3fokmqbp said:
Badaxe do you believe in the laws of thermodynamics?

He believes everything in science or biology is "theory."

Isn't it?

Sometimes there is confusion over the terms theory, hypothesis, and law because they have different meanings in common language than they do in science.

I think this link is useful.

http://physics.suite101.com/article.cfm ... is_vs__law

badaxemoo":1wcuzvis said:
backhoeboogie":1wcuzvis said:
ollie?":1wcuzvis said:

Isn't it?

Sometimes there is confusion over the terms theory, hypothesis, and law because they have different meanings in common language than they do in science.

It's not confusing. They are laws. If you don't believe in absolutes , how can you criticise me?

ollie?":1ue4j0cu said:
badaxemoo":1ue4j0cu said:
backhoeboogie":1ue4j0cu said:
ollie?":1ue4j0cu said:

Isn't it?

It might be confusing to you but all of science call them the laws of thermodynamics. You of course are much smarter than most people so you can call it theory if you choose. I find it very hypocritical of you to accuse me of being so stupid as to not believe in the laws of thermodynamics , yet you turn around and call them theory. :lol2: You're obviously a very sharp chap. Much smarter than anyone else huh.

Come on boys. Stick to the issue. What does thermo dynamics have to do with global warming other than the fact that the CO2 in the atmosphere is going to heat things up and cause the weather to go all screwy.

ollie writes:

It might be confusing to you but all of science call them the laws of thermodynamics.

Did you take the time to skim this link? It does a nice job of explaining law, theory and hypothesis.

I find it very hypocritical of you to accuse me of being so stupid as to not believe in the laws of thermodynamics , yet you turn around and call them theory. :lol2:

I never made an accusation that you were stupid. It just seems like you don't understand the uses of those terms. Here's the link again:

You're obviously a very sharp chap. Much smarter than anyone else huh.

Since you are able to so blithely dismiss the foundations of biology and geology as "stupid theories", why should I assume what your beliefs are pertaining to physics and astronomy?

I think you must be smarter than I am if you can so easily identify the fallacies that biology and geology are based on. All I can do is humbly study the "stupid theories" that are accepted by virtually all scientists practicing in those respective fields.

I'm too stupid to do otherwise.

ollie?":sdclo9mf said:
badaxemoo":sdclo9mf said:
backhoeboogie":sdclo9mf said:
ollie?":sdclo9mf said:

Isn't it?

It's not confusing. They are laws. If you don't believe in absolutes , how can you criticise me?

Thats easy for him Ollie you really need to do a search and see want he does advocate as correct thinking.

badaxemoo":23t9kk0x said:
All I can do is humbly study the "stupid theories" that are accepted by virtually all scientists practicing in those respective fields.
If I were you, I'd be prepared to be wrong. Scientific theorys have been wrong all through history until the current proposed theory.

dun":72861rzy said:
And the slide downhill starts to gather steam

dun

And that slope keeps gettin' slipperier... :?

Alice

Hurricane Scientist Leaves U.N. Team
U.S. Expert Cites Politics in a Letter

By Juliet Eilperin
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, January 23, 2005; Page A13

A federal hurricane research scientist resigned last week from a U.N.-sponsored climate assessment team, saying the group's leader had politicized the process.

Chris Landsea, who works at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's hurricane research division in Miami, said Monday that he would not contribute to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's chapter on atmospheric and surface climate conditions because the lead author had told reporters global warming contributed to intense Atlantic hurricanes last year.

In a letter he posted on the Internet, Landsea said there was little evidence to justify Kevin Trenberth's assertion in October that in light of current warming trends, "the North Atlantic hurricane season of 2004 may well be a harbinger of the future."

"It is beyond me why my colleagues would utilize the media to push an unsupported agenda that recent hurricane activity has been due to global warming," he wrote. "My view is that when people identify themselves as being associated with the IPCC and then make pronouncements far outside current scientific understandings that this will harm the credibility of climate change science and will in the longer term diminish our role in public policy."

Cattle Rack Rancher":sz1f4ppv said:
Come on boys. Stick to the issue. What does thermo dynamics have to do with global warming other than the fact that the CO2 in the atmosphere is going to heat things up and cause the weather to go all screwy.

A meteor struck the earth and changed everything. Many "theorize" that things are still all screwy.

The things we can do is plant trees, and quit doing stupid things. For instance, we learned that our coolant systems contributed and we did something about it.

Many common household products and packaging contribute. Don't buy those things or things in that packaging. The manufacturers will get the message and change.

Arguing with folks in this forum who want to argue for the sake of arguing will not accomplish anything but turn everyone against the subject.

Chasing, paying and encouraging idiots to get rich of off theorizing is not going to solve anything either.

Why does our government not tell us the best practices and leave it at that? For instance tell us the best trees to plant such that those doing it will know.

Latest posts