Global Shrinkage

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of the latest phenomenon called "Global Shrinkage"? I guess the problem is that due to the bottleing of spring / natural water for sale to the public that the earth is being depleted of internal water. Because there is less water in the earth it is starting to shrink. Because no one uses tap water for drinking anymore the demand for bottled water has soared tremendously, causing a massive drain on the earths internal water sources. Some are saying that the big bottleing companies like Evian are to blame for the way that they market and advertise their products as being better than treated tap water. Evian alone pumps millions of gallons of water from the earth annualy. Combine this with the countless number of small and large companies alike and you can see that the volume of displaced water is staggering.There is a push now to tax the water companies so that the revenue can be used to combat the global shrinkage. Some estimates have the earth shrinking at 3/10th's of one percent over the last decade. I hope we can save the world's size for our children and our grand children's sake.

that aint true...yeah, we drink water...then pi$$ it right back out...goes through a water treatment plant, then back into the ground or pond or wherever else

what about rain, that puts water back into the Earth along with all the other ways water gets back into the land. Can't see how bottling can make that much of a difference, and if I lived in Florida I wouldn't want to drink the tap water it was rank when I tasted it.

However water is used on earth, it stays on earth.

What really worries me is the water used, You know :shock: :shock: up in space, the water the astronauts take up there to the space station, pee it out in space Jeez how we gonna get that back. :cry2: :cry2: :mad:

Crowderfarms":3czyzwg4 said:
Here I was thinking this thread was about steppin' into a cold Shower! :shock:

You're bad, Crowder... :lol2:

Alice

mnmtranching":37ubpwzz said:

What really worries me is the water used, You know :shock: :shock: up in space, the water the astronauts take up there to the space station, pee it out in space Jeez how we gonna get that back. :cry2: :cry2: :mad:

OMG!!!! you are right. We need to stop all space exploration immediately before anymore shrinkage occurs.

mnmtranching":1rl10awi said:

The EPA will be all over it by tomorrow now that you mentioned that :lol: ...they'll make sure every drop of urine comes back down to earth as soon as possible

And Crowder...you mis-read Global didn't you?...Thought you saw Genital Shrinkage eh? :lol: :shock:

oh please, what in the hek are they gonna come up with next?!?!

even if in some kind of phycotic way this is true it sure aint gonna stop me from drinkin a cold glass of water from a hard day of cattle with all this global warming goin on. water is only my favorite drink... ;-)

cattleluvr18":9xxe7487 said:

even if in some kind of phycotic way this is true it sure aint gonna stop me from drinkin a cold glass of water from a hard day of cattle with all this global warming goin on. water is only my favorite drink... ;-)

no pun intended...but how refreshing to hear a young one say WATER is her favorite drink.

3MR":1rbmyu6f said:
are you serious?

Just my own twisted way of poking fun at the global warming fanatics. I was seeing if I could start my own "sky is falling" global issue :lol:

Speaking of water shortage :shock:

The Columbia River would supply 25 gallons of water per day for each human on earth every day. :D

Maybe the shrinkage will make travel cheaper since we won;t have to drive/fly as far. But then they'll just raise the price of gas, again

dun

Global warming scares the "benice" out of me. One of the reasons why. At current rate of rising Earth temps [and all smart folks agree] it will only take about 5400 years till Antarctica starts to thaw. :help: :help:

mnmtranching":1qvscmhh said:
Global warming scares the "benice" out of me. One of the reasons why. At current rate of rising Earth temps [and all smart folks agree] it will only take about 5400 years till Antarctica starts to thaw. :help: :help:

Boy, that gives me one more thing to lose sleep over!

dun

chrisy":3bi4frsk said:
cattleluvr18":3bi4frsk said:

no pun intended...but how refreshing to here a young one say WATER is her favorite drink.

oh yes...its ooohh so soothing on my parched throat after workin with my calves. and besides why would i want to get fatter off pop or something else...

Latest posts