Global Warming must be true.

Help Support CattleToday:

jedstivers

Reaction score
The Washington Post….. The Arctic Ocean is warming up

The Arctic Ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot, according to a report to the Commerce
Department yesterday from Consulafft, at Bergen, Norway.
Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers all point to a radical change in climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone. Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met as far north as 81 degrees 29 minutes. Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulf stream still very warm.
Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones, the report continued, while at many points well known glaciers have entirely disappeared.
Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts which have never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds. Within a few years it is predicted that due to the ice melt the sea will rise and make most
coastal cities uninhabitable.
I must apologize, I neglected to mention that this report was from November 2, 1922, as reported by the AP and published in The Washington Post – 93 years ago.

You mean al gore didn't invent global warming? I predict it's going to get warmer in the next 6 months.

Saw a report today that antartic ice is at an all time record. The Great Lakes are so frozen the Coast Guard wants more money for icebreakers. Ky. just set snowfall records. In S IN I'm buying lots of LP gas. But carbon pollution is killing us. Yeah, and global warming is a bigger threat than radical Islam. Oh, and global warming CAUSED radical Islam. It's a fight over ice cubes, I guess.

Jogeephus":gwtm37ft said:
Cattle cause it. We all need to go vegan.

No, Joe.
burned methane is allowed--burn it or capture it----it's the release of free "unburned" methane that is the big non-no.

greybeard":xok1wfgc said:
Jogeephus":xok1wfgc said:
Cattle cause it. We all need to go vegan.

No, Joe.
burned methane is allowed--burn it or capture it----it's the release of free "unburned" methane that is the big non-no.
I think the worlds oceans should be tax for releasing all that unburned methane from the ocean floor. After all if you tax it it doesn't cause harm.

ANAZAZI":3uqjxgkq said:
Bez__":3uqjxgkq said:
A bit more than 1,000 years ago the Vikings had large farms in Greenland

There are large farms on Greenland now as well.

True but not enough to support an entire culture - the last time I was there they were pretty small - however the historical areas were - for their time - huge, and by today's standard much larger than they are today. The farms that exist there today are heavily subsidized by government money in order to exist.

In fact some are even found to be "IN the perma frost" during archeology digs. I wonder how THAT happened?

And to the best of my knowledge there are no large successful crop farms - such as wheat and barley - which were staple crops in the days of old. I visited a small holding there just a few years ago when our aircraft broke down - so I took a helicopter trip out to the farm lands - it is interesting.

The farmer who provided me with lunch that day told me he is only successful because of those subsidies.

The Global Warming crowd has sucked nearly all the money out of the pockets of the believers - and now they have turned to climate change.

As the climate does indeed change - there is no argument that can be made against it. However I am still under minus 20 weather and 4 feet of snow - and this is also now the cause of climate change according to the UN - a most corrupt organization.

It is all about cash.

Without CO2 all plants will die - but people do not know that - instead they climb on the band wagon.

If you want to see how it all falls together all you have to do is see who is getting rich. Generally at the expense of the poor tax payer.

Follow the money!

I figure we are all doomed. We will all drown under melting ice caps and the oceans will boil and those that live on the coast will be steam cooked.

Soylent green anyone? LOL

We are doing the "dreaded CT sheep and lamb thing" today - another 30 babies have hit the ground in the past two hours and wife is yelling I need to come to the barn as the temp is falling inside and I need to warm it up to at least above the freezing mark.

Best to all folks

It's funny how if you respect somebody, you value their opinion. When I first opened this thread, I thought well maybe there is something to global warming if Jed believes in it. Read a little further, and the joke was on me of course.

Bigfoot":2l152ugz said:
It's funny how if you respect somebody, you value their opinion. When I first opened this thread, I thought well maybe there is something to global warming if Jed believes in it. Read a little further, and the joke was on me of course.
Sorry Bigfoot, I should have put a question mark after it.

jedstivers":6f5mebig said:
Bigfoot":6f5mebig said:
Sorry Bigfoot, I should have put a question mark after it.

Same here, having been a sceptic all my life I'm reading this and... what, there's actual evidence? Now? maybe I should rethink...

But history tells us that within a few years of that report coastlines changed and cities vanished :bs:
Serious worst case scenario of global warming if it were true - is optimal areas to grow certain crops will move by a few degrees.
They've been telling us for years the West coast is going to get wetter and the East drier owing to climate change - I'm farming a summer dry area right on the west coast and still waiting and hoping for it to get wetter.

Latest posts