Gift Exchange at Work

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
So yesterday was the last day of school before Christmas break and the teachers had their luncheon. We all had one of those gift exchange things where you can take someone else's gift so many times.

One of our coaches used to tour with George Straight in some way or another, and he's got a ton of stuff from those days. Anyway, he had a tour jacket. Kinda like a Carhart jacket with the tour logo stitched on back.

Well, it took some doings, but I snagged that jacket. One of my former students is a George Straight fanatic and I hope he likes it. I am giving it to him for Christmas.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...

I went to get my boy at the airport after that. He's blown up the engine on his car, which we thought would happen sooner or later. I am just glad it didn't happen between here and Amarillo. Awful lonely out there on 287. I was frettin heavy about what we were going to do about another car till he graduates, but when I got home, his dad, who has never helped us with cars in any way, volunteered to buy the boy a NEW CAR.

I felt like we were on The Price Is Right.

Anyway, if anyone has a new car to recommend in the 16k range, we're listening.

Looks like a good Christmas after all.

Now, if I can survive the inlaws... :shock:

Lammie,

I have a 05 Stratus that I really like, but I paid about $17k for it. My daughter bought a used Nissan Altima, I think it was in th 16K range. It's a nice car, 4 door, plenty of leg room. She just loves it. She had a used Oldsmobile Alero before the Altima. The Alero was piece of junk, sometimes it would start, sometimes it wouldn't. :roll:

Was nice of you to give the jacket away to your former student. We had our company Christmas party yesterday, had BBQ catered, exchanged gifts, got a gift card to Cavender's, got a very nice bonus, and the rest of the afternoon off with pay. :banana: :D I work for some very nice people.

But....I lost my gold watch that I've had forever that day....when your left handed and wear you watch on your left wrist, it's hard to find a comfort watch to wear that does not bother you when your write or key. Was a gift from special people. :( It fell off my wrist at my home or at the office. I didn't make any stops between home and the office. Not much I can do about it now.

Hey, Good luck with Christmas, and don't let your brother and sister's action bother you. You have nothing to feel bad about. Have a Merry Christmas, and enjoy being with your parents! ;-)