Exchange student

Help Support CattleToday:

Being a German speaking native, my wife would like to speak to someone that knows and understands the language (more than my child like understanding of the language) on a regular basis. Is there a way to request a country of origin when you request to host an exchange student? It would benifit both parties if it were possible. I would enjoy teaching and learning from a young perspective again.

Invited by the German Govt and legally immigrated or ditch jumpers?
I think legally.

Germany has long been the destination of choice for many refugees because its generous approach to asylum has led to the creation of large migrant communities, where newcomers often have connections that ease the transition from their home countries.

13% of total pop is foreign born. A lot coming in the last 5 years. Not sure how accurate these are sine they are flooding into these ...certain... countries so fast.

1Turkey1,487,110
2Ukraine1,164,200
3Syria923,805

I was stationed in Germany in 69-70 and there were a lot of 3rd county nationals. Most that I was aware of were Turks.

Being a German speaking native, my wife would like to speak to someone that knows and understands the language (more than my child like understanding of the language) on a regular basis. Is there a way to request a country of origin when you request to host an exchange student? It would benifit both parties if it were possible. I would enjoy teaching and learning from a young perspective again.
You get to pick the student from a list of many so getting one from Germany would be no problem. I'm not sure they will let your wife host a German though since she is from Germany, they want them to be in a home with a different nationality that speaks English. But doesn't hurt to check, they are desperate to find host homes usually. This is the time of year to choose a student for next school year.

Latest posts