ghost peppers

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Has anyone ever tried them? I just did. Now, I've been known to eat whole habinero's, and these are hotter than those. The flavor is very intriguing. I don't know quite how to describe it. Very light, fruity, almost flowery. Incredible. I think I have a new pepper for some of my salsas

[youtube]rtsp://v6.cache8.c.youtube.com/CjYLENy73wIaLQnVtOWkITBpshMYJCAkFEIJbXYtZ29vZ2xlSARSBXdhdGNoYPT75MG26sutTQw=/0/0/0/video.3gp[/youtube]

Yep..it was a bit warm this morning..I still haven't got that flavor pegged....its hard to describe

Neighbor grows them. He's got them and red thais. The plants are maybe 3 ft tall and 3 ft across. If you get the chance, and like spice, try it. They have a flavor that will blow your mind.

You want hot, ever tried what we call an indian pepper? Know several friends, I ain't never done it, thats mouths are scarred from eating them. Guess the indians used them to operate on the other indians form what I understand.

I haven't tried that one. The ghost pepper is supposed to be the hottest in the world according to scoville units. Some 1.3 million skovilles I think. A jalepeno is only 300k sko's

Hubby is a serious pepper head. Tried to feed our host son's mom a pickled habanero. Told her it was an apricot.
He freaked out some friends from Mexico when he was eating chila peas like they were nothing.

How can I get my hands on a Ghost pepper?
too blasted cold to grow them up here.

The morning "constitutional" is interesting to say the least. I don't know how you would get them in the colder climates..either order them online somewhere or grow them in a greenhouse/pots..I doubt they would ship well. Maybe overnighted would work.

hooknline":25hl86fz said:
The morning "constitutional" is interesting to say the least. I don't know how you would get them in the colder climates..either order them online somewhere or grow them in a greenhouse/pots..I doubt they would ship well. Maybe overnighted would work.
I can't even handle the plain old jalapeno...let alone a "ghost" pepper..

plumber_greg":1j0o170s said:
Correction, we call them Indian Turnips, not peppers. gs

Plumber Greg,I havent heard of these since I was a kid.Used to grow wild on a place we lived in mo.
Now that's some hot stuff.My mother used to go out and pick them and dry them out and grind them up.In the winter when us kids would get a cold she would mix some of this in honey and give to us.
Sure would cure a common cold. I'd love to get my hands on some of those.

Cal

hooknline":2yythuys said:
Has anyone ever tried them? I just did. Now, I've been known to eat whole habinero's, and these are hotter than those. The flavor is very intriguing. I don't know quite how to describe it. Very light, fruity, almost flowery. Incredible. I think I have a new pepper for some of my salsas

Hook,I posted on here somewhere about 2 yrs ago about going to raise some of these.I still have about 2 qts pickled left. Some real good n hot peppers for sure.

Cal

I've got some that are doing alright in the garden. Should be fruiting pretty soon

hooknline":1gm4qep2 said:
I've got some that are doing alright in the garden. Should be fruiting pretty soon

While they we're growing I pulled one of and tasted it.Was not at all hot so I ate the whole thing.
About 5 minutes later I was inside the ac turned to the coldest and had drank a quart of milk and was still burning. :lol:

Cal

Calman":kdydag9z said:
hooknline":kdydag9z said:

While they we're growing I pulled one of and tasted it.Was not at all hot so I ate the whole thing.
About 5 minutes later I was inside the ac turned to the coldest and had drank a quart of milk and was still burning. :lol:

Cal

Try Chocolate. It coats the mouth & hits different receptors in your taste buds.
Can't even imagine a ghost....I think anaheims are hot..... :eek:

Latest posts