GH SIMBA 21E

Help Support CattleToday:

that is correct. his calv ease dir and calv ease dtrs are easier. he has good 200-400-600 day weight gain as well as good milk. very good rib fat and retail yield figures. i intend to use him on 4 of my older more experienced cows.

Rather go with GH Neon, I have seen first hand what he produces, in the case of Simba it would be an educated guess. Never stack BW if you can avoid it.

Knersie: we live in Europe. EU qualified semen is VERY limited. 1 or 2 bulls can be found if you work hard.

sporder":2cx7vzdc said:
what happens if you mate a high birthweight bull with a low birthweight cow. will it even itself out

SOmetimes it does even out, more often than not it leans to either extreme. The problem arises when you unknowingly use a high BW bull in future generations and the roll of the dice don't go your way.

PAL, I am pretty sure Neon is approved for use in EU

KNERSIE":2jlscikg said:
sporder":2jlscikg said:
what happens if you mate a high birthweight bull with a low birthweight cow. will it even itself out

SOmetimes it does even out, more often than not it leans to either extreme. The problem arises when you unknowingly use a high BW bull in future generations and the roll of the dice don't go your way.

PAL, I am pretty sure Neon is approved for use in EU

Tell me where i can get EU qualified semen from GH Neon??? In GH dispersal there was only 5 qualified bulls to Europe and 4 of them was already in use. Neon wasn't on the list. Bull need to IBR-negative and collected EU classification approved station. Good thing is we dont have any spreading cattle diseases.

Pretty sure MARC did a research project on breeding one extreme to the other and found that it could just as easily go one way or the other. I wished they had used more low birth weight line breed bulls, may of mixed things up a bit.

just looked at uk hereford cattle society list of ai sires avaliable through them. out of 21 bulls only 5 had good birth weights all the others were similar to GH simba 21E. seems to be a trend that the better bull or better ebvs seem to have higher birthweight.

When it comes to EBVs (and EPDs) the popular misconception is that higher is better, all the system was ever designed to do is to give you an educated guess how the progeny will perform. Its still your responsibility as a stockman to match the level of performance (and the EBVs) to your environment and management system.

Personally would rather use AR Patch Adams 347P have seen pics of him and his calves sires nice thick calves. Very balanced epds low birth weight good growth and carcass.

Latest posts