Getting the Hay up

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
We have had a season blessed with moisture. It has been really hot but we have had afternoon thunderstorms build off the Gulf almost every day to bring some relief from the rain. The result is a bumper hay crop. Hopefully we can get it in before the weather changes looks like a hurricane building just don't know where it is going to land once it reaches Florida.

gizmom

Looks like a good crop. Hopefully you will be able to get it brought in before too long .

Got the last bale wrapped up late yesterday evening rolled up 321 bale. We still have one 20 acre field to cut but didn't want to risk putting it on the ground with the weather coming in. Hopefully we can get that field cut late next week. We averaged 5 bale per acre of what my husband calls belly wadding it won't be real high quality hay. We will spend today pulling the hay off the fields and because I am a bit OCD I will get on the lawn mower and trim the grass around the fence lines...yea I am crazy but I love how it looks after the hay has been cut and everything is trimmed and neat.

From the looks of the track we are going to be In for a bunch of rain if nothing else this week.

gizmom

Latest posts